Yadier Molina Fan Club - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to St. Louis Cardinals

Yadier Molina Fan Club

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Wed May 25, 2005 10:04 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:Yadi with the game winning hit. ;-D
Not to mention he is throwin out runners left and right.

why do people even try to run on him? you would think that word has already gotten out that he can throw and will pick off runners straying too far from the bag.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed May 25, 2005 10:49 am

j_d_mcnugent wrote:

why do people even try to run on him? you would think that word has already gotten out that he can throw and will pick off runners straying too far from the bag.

Molina has a gun but I think they were trying to run on Marquis.
The Phillies stole on him twice during his last start. Either way I would think teams would realize the Yadier is leading all catchers in CS%
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Wed May 25, 2005 10:50 am

j_d_mcnugent wrote:

I guess they figure he's not really this good and will eventually start making mistakes? :-? I sure hope they continue to test him though. ;-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Wed May 25, 2005 10:05 pm

Is it too late to jump on the bandwagon? :-D So far he's three for three with an RBI and just ripped a double down the right field line. Who is this Matheny guy people keep talking about? :-B
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu May 26, 2005 8:29 am

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:Is it too late to jump on the bandwagon? :-D So far he's three for three with an RBI and just ripped a double down the right field line. Who is this Matheny guy people keep talking about? :-B
And it only took a 4 for 4 night with 4 RBI. Welcome aboard. :-D
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby StlSluggers » Thu May 26, 2005 9:24 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:
SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:Is it too late to jump on the bandwagon? :-D So far he's three for three with an RBI and just ripped a double down the right field line. Who is this Matheny guy people keep talking about? :-B

All of the sudden, my 25th draft pick is looking pretty solid.

Go Yadi!

;-D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu May 26, 2005 9:43 am

StlSluggers wrote:All of the sudden, my 25th draft pick is looking pretty solid.

Go Yadi!

;-D

That better be a pretty deep league. Even I didn't have that much faith. I just expected him to be a better hitter than Matheny.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby StlSluggers » Thu May 26, 2005 9:51 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:All of the sudden, my 25th draft pick is looking pretty solid.

Go Yadi!

;-D

That better be a pretty deep league. Even I didn't have that much faith. I just expected him to be a better hitter than Matheny.

It's relatively deep, I guess: 25-man roster with 3-man Minors that will become a 5-man Minors next year. We can keep up to 15 players, but there are contracts.

I drafted catcher last out of all of my positions. I wasn't trying to get a C that was going to rock my world or anything. I just wanted a starter that was going to have some decent numbers. Everyone seemed down on Yadi, so I snatched him up late to back up Olivo ( :-P ).
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Thu May 26, 2005 10:03 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:

:-B
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu May 26, 2005 12:02 pm

Overmatched for the season's first several weeks, Molina has undergone something of a transformation. Previously hunched over in a crouch, Molina now holds himself more upright at the plate with his legs flexed. The alteration allows him to see pitches well without the head movement that doomed his season-opening stance. Molina also strides less. The similarities between his and Pujols' setup are more than coincidental.

"He's young," Pujols said. "He's learning about making adjustments. You have to adjust when you figure out how they're pitching you, and that's what he's doing."

"He was messing around with his stance a little bit. In spring training he was very locked in and had a nice approach," manager Tony La Russa said. "Then he felt this and that. I think he and Hal have a good thing going. I know Albert takes him to the cage and gives him pointers. He gets a lot of quality advice. I stay away from him."

Molina once wrapped the bat above his head. He now holds it more upright and has lessened his stride, both traits long embraced by Pujols.

"That's what I learned," Pujols said. "I'm still getting help from Jimmy (Edmonds), Larry (Walker) and those guys. It's what you're supposed to do. You get help when you're young. You're supposed to pass it around. That's what I'm doing. I'm doing the same thing Darryl Kile told me in 2001. He talked to me about concentration and making adjustments. That's what I'm trying to pass along."

full story
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to St. Louis Cardinals