Everett, Bradley or Kearns - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Everett, Bradley or Kearns

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Everett, Bradley or Kearns

Postby Bobblehead » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:21 am

I currently have Austin Kearns as my backup OF in a 12 team H2H league. Carl Everett and Milton Bradley are free agents. Kearns has started out cold while Everett and Bradley are on fire.

Should I drop Kearns for one of these guys?
Bobblehead
College Coach
College Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:23 am

Maybe Bradley if you could use the SB but not Everett.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 272)

Postby slomo007 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:23 am

Bradley is the safer choice. However, because you said it's your backup OFer....Kearns has more upside so may be worth holding on to. I'd probably go with Bradley though, maybe he's gained some power over the offseason? I wouldn't consider Everett personally.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby TB13 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:25 am

I also have Kearns on my bench, but am beginning to worry a bit. He's as talented as Dunn is, but Willy Mo is beginning to scare me. I still believe that once he gets going this year, he sill impress A LOT of people (Kearns, that is).
TB13
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Jester » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:37 am

TB13 wrote:I also have Kearns on my bench, but am beginning to worry a bit. He's as talented as Dunn is, but Willy Mo is beginning to scare me. I still believe that once he gets going this year, he sill impress A LOT of people (Kearns, that is).

Having said that, where does that leave Willy Mo?? I agree with your call on Kearns, but I think you are valid in being scared of Willy Mo...what an outfield that team has!! So much potential, that may be the trouble, too much talant, reducing playing time.
Food is an important part of a balanced diet.
Jester
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby warrick95 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:40 am

deerayfan072 wrote:Having said that, where does that leave Willy Mo?? I agree with your call on Kearns, but I think you are valid in being scared of Willy Mo...what an outfield that team has!! So much potential, that may be the trouble, too much talant, reducing playing time.

I think for now they are going to try and almost platoon that OF giving one the day off every game and playing three. the trainers won't let griff play if it rained the night before or if the humidity is tii high i think you have to wait and see every game. I have DUnn, Grif, na dpena on my team and i just wait until the lineup card is produced and stick in whoever is playing. I think one will be traded some time near the deadline.[/quote]

I'll bank on one getting hurt, not on one getting traded.

I agree with slomo. On my bench, I like to stash high-reward players that I can deal in the future or use (e.g. Drew last year). Kearns fits that model. Bradley legitimately could break out with a big year (esp. average and SB wise), but Kearns definitely has higher upside and is more likely to break out. Thus, I would take Austin Kearns. If I had to start one of these guys though (at least for now), it'd be Bradley by quite a bit.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers