Randy Wolf - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Randy Wolf

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Randy Wolf

Postby BigLebowski » Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:54 pm

Now is the time to try and trade for Randy Wolf and pick him up in any shallow leagues you are in.

His ERA is deceptively high right now and it won't be for long. He has given up 2 HR but both were wind aided. His K/BB ratio is now 16/3 so he is just running into some bad luck right now.

Don't wait or you will miss out.

;-D
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 473)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Jury » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:01 am

I drafted Randy Wolf ;-D

I'm hoping for some more goods, and this from Yahoo's recap is what I like to hear:

Randy Wolf reared back and fired a high fastball past Carlos Beltran.

Though it was just one pitch, it signaled Wolf's return to his old form.

Wolf 'em down!
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby slomo007 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:08 am

I drafted him in my money league as well and agree that he's a sleeper. He doesn't get the respect he deserves. ;-D
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby biju » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:15 am

I drafted him too, as I figured his value was low compared to how I felt he would produce this year. I kind of wondered if I took him too early though (37th SP taken, 123 overall in a 10 team league).

Where did you take him in your drafts?
biju
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby slomo007 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:18 am

biju wrote:I drafted him too, as I figured his value was low compared to how I felt he would produce this year. I kind of wondered if I took him too early though (37th SP taken, 123 overall in a 10 team league).

Yeah that was pretty early...but it could pay off if he pitches like he's capable of. I drafted him in the 19th round of a 12 teamer...making him the 220th pick. No complaints here. :-]
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby biju » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:29 am

slomo007 wrote:
biju wrote:I drafted him too, as I figured his value was low compared to how I felt he would produce this year. I kind of wondered if I took him too early though (37th SP taken, 123 overall in a 10 team league).

Yeah that was pretty early...but it could pay off if he pitches like he's capable of. I drafted him in the 19th round of a 12 teamer...making him the 220th pick. No complaints here. :-]

Yikes!

Well, he had best perform to my expectations. I actually had him ranked 28th for SPs so I guess I got him at a bargain.

It's my nature to justify my picks. :-D
biju
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby noseeum » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:06 am

I got him 157th in a ten team league. No complaints so far!
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: Randy Wolf

Postby George_Foreman » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:16 am

BigLebowski wrote:Now is the time to try and trade for Randy Wolf and pick him up in any shallow leagues you are in.

His ERA is deceptively high right now and it won't be for long. He has given up 2 HR but both were wind aided. His K/BB ratio is now 16/3 so he is just running into some bad luck right now.

Don't wait or you will miss out.

;-D

well, i would have said 4 days ago was the right time to trade for him. after tonight's performance, most owners will probably think twice. i mean, they drafted the guy for a reason. ;-D
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby thehat » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:49 am

Hey, it's time once again for my annual "Randy Wolf is Still Being Overrated" post. I'd been waiting for him to put forth a really nice effort in anticipation of a glowing thread, and to the surprise of absolutely no one, it has arrived.

This is the part where I toss out Randy Wolf's career numbers, which through this evening are now:

60 wins, 57 losses a 4.14 ERA and a 1.31 WHIP.

He remains what he's always been...a big tease. Always looks like he's capable of big things, and definitely flashes top of the rotation stuff on occasion. But the reality is that Wolf is no more than a middle of the rotation guy, which means that in fantasy ball he should not be better than your fourth starter in a fairly deep league.

I have gotten blasted by Wolf supporters in each of the last two years, and fully expect to be on the receiving end of it again following this post. And once again, I'll submit that we save this post for posterity and check to see who ended up being right.

I am positive that I will end up eating crow for my positive or negative positions on some guys, as we all make our share of mistakes. But I'm more confident about my Wolf stance than about most.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby biller24 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:58 am

I now have Wolf in 2 leagues. Drafted him in a Cafe league and just picked him up off the waiver wire in my money league. Another owner dropped him in favor of Chacin, the rookie from Toronto.
biller24
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers