Cancelling Payment on Credit Card? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Cancelling Payment on Credit Card?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby free » Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:34 pm

As long as Visa has their money man they won't be any help at all. Your best bet is to call the hotel (restaurant) and sweet talk the manager ;-D :-P
Member #3 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club
free
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JRM4833 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:32 pm

A bit late but oh well. The credit card company is your friend. They will fight for you and won't charge you unless the company can prove it. Beat a BS charge on a rental car like this once. They think they can stick it to you since your from out of state but not anymore. I use my CC on anything big or out of state now.

General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Re: Cancelling Payment on Credit Card?

Postby free » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:08 pm

BigMusky wrote:Okay, I am new to this whole unhappy customer thing because I am usually very easy going. The story:

Went up to Door County, WI for my anniversary. Was not having the best of time, but then thought we could make up for it by going to a nice restaraunt. Went to this place called First Avenue Pier. I travel alot and have been to many nice restaraunts, but my favorite is McDonalds so you know I am not picky. Anyway, I knew we should have left the moment I saw this place because it was a glorified hotel restaraunt. Anyway, my wife takes forever to pick food out, but she was excited because their menu was in the newspaper and she found TWO things she like. That is amazing. We get to the place and neither one was on the menu there. Should have bolted. Then we go to order and they are out of two things on the menu. New York Strip and potatoes. How can you be out of that? It is not like market lobster for petes sake. The lady then brought me the wrong soup. And I could not tell the difference between the Clam Chowder and Chicken Rice except for thickness in broth. Meat looked the same. Still cool by now. Then they bring out my stake and they over cooked it, in the microwave I think. My wifes scallops were really fishy and sandy. Her salad was wilted. So basically they have struck out on all counts. The service was really slow too, kind of wierd since there were three servers for five tables. Now I am pissed. I get the bill and it was expensive, so I decided not to tip. I have never given less then 10%...even under some horrible occasions. I have even pretended to go back because I forgot a coat or something just so I boost the tip if someone else pays. I gave them one dollar for a fifty dollar bill. I also filled out the complaint card and explained how unhappy I was, so they didnt think was just being cheap.

Now the kicker that will get someone killed. I look at my credit card statement online and they charged me for a 15% tip!!

So what should I do? Call the restaraunt or call Visa and just cancel the payment. Anyone have experience with this? Can you cancel a food purchase? I am so mad at these people because not only did they screw up our night, but now they are screwing with me.

did you call visa yet :-?
free
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:07 am

I was all set to say that if you were unhappy, you should have left but then I saw the 15% thing. I would call the restaurant immediatley and ask them why it was added. :-o
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Phatferd » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:21 am

I never pay for resturants on my credit card, but my grandfather told me that he always checks his statements closely and keeps his reciepts .

He told me at least 3-5 times a month he will have resturants add at least a couple of bucks to their tips. He usually calls the resturant up and says he has a copy of his reciept and they take his word for it.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby free » Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:05 am

Phatferd wrote:I never pay for resturants on my credit card, but my grandfather told me that he always checks his statements closely and keeps his reciepts .

He told me at least 3-5 times a month he will have resturants add at least a couple of bucks to their tips. He usually calls the resturant up and says he has a copy of his reciept and they take his word for it.

gotta love good 'ol gramps ;-D
free
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to General Talk