Micheal young the best fantasy shortstop - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Micheal young the best fantasy shortstop

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Micheal young the best fantasy shortstop

Postby jacksparrow217 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:41 pm

He's batting third now, and there's no doubt he'll hit at least .310 and get another 200 hits. Since he's batting lower in the order his RBI totals should go up ( they were at 99 last year and he was batting leadoff). This texas rangers team is also stacked with offense so he should score 100 runs. Not to mention his power numbers have been increasing the past two years there's no reason to believe why he won't hit 25-30 hrs this year. He can also nab a few bases.

what do u guys think?
Tedium is the worst pain
jacksparrow217
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby beltrans_boy » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:42 pm

Young is good.

Miguel Tejada is gooder.

'Nuff said.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Spartans Rule » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:43 pm

Young is very underrated and a guy I was glad to scoop up in a couple drafts. He produces in all 5 categories and hits in one of the most favorable lineup situations imaginable.

That said, Tejada is the best fantasy shortstop. But Young is #2 on my list.
Spartans Rule
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CubsFan7724 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:46 pm

Sorry, theres a man named Tejada. But Young will probably be #2. He roxors my soxors.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby OaklandAces » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:55 pm

Tejada then Young ;-D
OaklandAces
College Coach
College Coach

Postby black_hawk8888 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:05 pm

Young is way better than Jeter, Nomar, or Renteria and you can get him 1 or 2 rounds later than those chumps.

Tejada is undoubtedly #1 but Young is a solid #2 and no slouch. I project .302/28/124/15SB. Not bad for a MI ;-D ;-D
black_hawk8888
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Micheal young the best fantasy shortstop

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:12 pm

jacksparrow217 wrote:He's batting third now, and there's no doubt he'll hit at least .310 and get another 200 hits. Since he's batting lower in the order his RBI totals should go up ( they were at 99 last year and he was batting leadoff). This texas rangers team is also stacked with offense so he should score 100 runs. Not to mention his power numbers have been increasing the past two years there's no reason to believe why he won't hit 25-30 hrs this year. He can also nab a few bases.

what do u guys think?

Well, they're right in saying that Tejada is obviously king at short, but #2 seems high to me for Young, too.

Here's why:
1. He never produced this well in the minors
2. The Texas lineup isn't that good - except in Texas. Kind of like how the Rockies lineup isn't that good. I think 100 runs is shooting a bit high, now that he's hitting lower in the lineup.
3. He's hitting lower in the lineup. Less protection from the real sluggers on the Rangers. Last year he had Soriano, Teix, and Blalock behind him. This year, he has Mench, Gary Matthews, and Barajas for protection.
4. Last year his OPS fell 100 points after the break. Why? Well, at least partly because of a back injury. Back injurys often come back. It's a risk.

He's a good player, but not a great one. I'd rather have Reyes. I'd rather have Rollins. I'd rather have Nomar, Jeter, and Renteria. If anything, Young is overrated.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Strasil42 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:25 pm

3. He's hitting lower in the lineup. Less protection from the real sluggers on the Rangers. Last year he had Soriano, Teix, and Blalock behind him. This year, he has Mench, Gary Matthews, and Barajas for protection.

Your mistaken.
Rangers Batting Order.
A Soriano
H Blalock
M Young
M Teixeira
R Hidalgo
K Mench

Its not mench, matthew and barajas, its teix, hidalgo, mench, or gonzalez.
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CubsFan7724 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:28 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:
jacksparrow217 wrote:He's batting third now, and there's no doubt he'll hit at least .310 and get another 200 hits. Since he's batting lower in the order his RBI totals should go up ( they were at 99 last year and he was batting leadoff). This texas rangers team is also stacked with offense so he should score 100 runs. Not to mention his power numbers have been increasing the past two years there's no reason to believe why he won't hit 25-30 hrs this year. He can also nab a few bases.

what do u guys think?

Well, they're right in saying that Tejada is obviously king at short, but #2 seems high to me for Young, too.

Here's why:
1. He never produced this well in the minors
2. The Texas lineup isn't that good - except in Texas. Kind of like how the Rockies lineup isn't that good. I think 100 runs is shooting a bit high, now that he's hitting lower in the lineup.
4. Last year his OPS fell 100 points after the break. Why? Well, at least partly because of a back injury. Back injurys often come back. It's a risk.

He's a good player, but not a great one. I'd rather have Reyes. I'd rather have Rollins. I'd rather have Nomar, Jeter, and Renteria. If anything, Young is overrated.

Hes obviously a fluke, thats why hes started off so slow.... I can't believe you'd have super injured Reyes over Young. I really think you are being a homer here.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby South Park Cows » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:41 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:Well, they're right in saying that Tejada is obviously king at short, but #2 seems high to me for Young, too.

Here's why:
1. He never produced this well in the minors Guess what, this isn't the minors. He has 2 solid seasons behind him, and entering his prime, he's destined for bigger things.
2. The Texas lineup isn't that good - except in Texas. Kind of like how the Rockies lineup isn't that good. I think 100 runs is shooting a bit high, now that he's hitting lower in the lineup. Texas has one of the better lineups in the league, in or out of Texas. And there's still Tex and Hidalgo hitting behind him, so runs should be plentiful.
3. He's hitting lower in the lineup. Less protection from the real sluggers on the Rangers. Last year he had Soriano, Teix, and Blalock behind him. This year, he has Mench, Gary Matthews, and Barajas for protection. Again, Tex and Hidalgo are hitting behind him. Get your facts straight.
4. Last year his OPS fell 100 points after the break. Why? Well, at least partly because of a back injury. Back injurys often come back. It's a risk. He was overworked last year, not missing a single at bat before the break. The Rangers will be sure not to make that mistake again.

And also, Young is way underrated. I'd love to get a 25 homer, 100+ run and rbi, .310 guy at where he's being drafted.
South Park Cows
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers