FIGGINS - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

FIGGINS

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

FIGGINS

Postby Jwilliams5521 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:13 pm

This guy is killin me. do u think he will snap out of it soon or do u think hes in for a sophomore slump of sorts. of course he wont put up great stats but apparently a 270 avg and 30 steals is a reach now.
Jwilliams5521
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:14 pm

His value really took a hit when they announced he bats 8th or 9th against right handers. I don't know what to think about him. He went from super sleeper to super bust in a matter of minutes. I wish I wouldn't have invested so much in him personally. :-/
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:19 pm

I was pretty big on him too but fortunately others had an even higher opinion of him than me. As long as he is batting so low in the order his value is decreased.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 384)

Postby seniorpaul » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:21 pm

I think he'll turn it around at some point. However, hitting at the bottom of the order is going to hurt him all season. I don't think i would consider dropping him from MY team, just because i like his position eligibility (i like players that i can use to fill in for guys on off days, injuries, etc). That said, i'm not starting him regularly either.
seniorpaul
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby colt4523 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:57 pm

Somebody dropped him in my yahoo league and I quickly snatched him up to replace K. Greene at SS. So I am happy about that ;-D
He should pick it up a little and get some steals along the way. I am not expecting anything spectacular at this time but should produce decent stats.
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 83)

Postby Jwilliams5521 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:07 pm

thanks for the replies guys. much appreciated.
Jwilliams5521
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby AznHisoka » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:23 pm

Does anyone know if Adam Kennedy is gonna take his spot when he returns from the DL?
AznHisoka
College Coach
College Coach

Postby logan » Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:16 pm

AznHisoka wrote:Does anyone know if Adam Kennedy is gonna take his spot when he returns from the DL?

if he doesnt make a case for himself than i would say yes its very possible(course i also thought that to begin with.) he still will get time since he plays everywhere to play on other guys days off. he really needed to play very well though (or atleast half way competently) and he would have had the 2b job. at this point if kennedy were to come back now id think he would be subbing again like last year.
logan
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Jwilliams5521 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:57 pm

i dont know about that. i would assume hed slide over to 3rd and he replace macier izturis if kennedy were to return today. and until mcpherson does something at 3rd i think that would be his job.
Jwilliams5521
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Titanic Grizzlie » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:27 pm

I'm kicking myself right now. i was defintely in the "overated" group preseason on chone and didn't draft him in any leagues. He was going early.

But then last week this guy in my big money league offered me Figgins for my Wickman and I took it. since then Wickman has gotten two saves and I lost saves last week by one. Wickman may look ugly, but i think I wish i could take that trade back.
Titanic Grizzlie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers