BoSox fans banned - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

BoSox fans banned

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:00 pm

tlef316 wrote:yahoo is saying the guy is gonna get a refund for his tickets. Yeah, that makes sense ;-7

They have no basis to keep the money.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby .38 Special » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:06 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
bost0n wrote:Sheff is next, hopefully.

There's no reason to take any action against Sheff. Let's not have this turn into another Sox/Yankees fight.

.38 Special wrote:Anyway for the Yankees to review footage from last years ALCS and do the same thing? Since beer, trash, and God knows what else was being thrown at the Sox players.

You too.

The Sox organization did something positive. Can't we leave it at that without being a poor sport about it?

I do not believe I am being a poor sport about it. Just wanted it in print for the next thread started by Yankee fans on how we
are "classless fans." Just amazed how short their memories are from last year.

I do think this a problem for all of baseball..supported by the going ons from the last couple of years. If individual teams (Yankees or whoever) cannot be responsible and clean their own house, maybe the league needs to step in these cases and make a rule pertaining to every team. Instead the fan interaction rules/policy is about as clear and firm as MLB's steroid policy. Half the time enforced, half the time ignored.
.38 Special
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby MMoNeY24 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:10 pm

Question:

If you get banned from a stadium, how do they know not to let you in? Even if you had season tickets and got them taken away, what's preventing you from going back and buying tickets to a single game, besides the fact that they'd be sold out, I don't see anything stopping a person from doing that.

What exactly are the actions against the people preventing them from coming into the park?
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Madison » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:20 pm

MMoNeY24 wrote:Question:

If you get banned from a stadium, how do they know not to let you in? Even if you had season tickets and got them taken away, what's preventing you from going back and buying tickets to a single game, besides the fact that they'd be sold out, I don't see anything stopping a person from doing that.

What exactly are the actions against the people preventing them from coming into the park?

Pictures are circulated to security. Happens before all home games. Fans get banned for various reasons that we never hear about (Fighting, running on the field, etc.). Security is aware of the banned people. Also, not all cameras in the stadiums are for game purposes. Security does moniter the fans. ;-)

Anyhow, nice to see the guy got banned. Maybe it's just me, but a year seems a bit on the short side, but at least it's some sort of punishment. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Shakes » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:21 pm

Dice wrote:If enough Sox fans get banned...

...I may actually be able to get tickets to games.

HAH that was my exact thought. What happens to the tickets can i buy them?
I'm a better lover when your drunk.
Shakes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:11 pm

Right...like they won't just go buy another ticket? Like the Boston security guys (the same ones that start bullpen fights with opposition players) are going to point this guy out if they see him trying to get into Fenway again? I believe in Santa Claus and free lunches too.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby CubsFan7724 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:17 pm

Way to be a professional. If he is going to fight back, throw the damn ball and try to get the out, then deal with the fan.

Cry me a river, Bo Sox fan. Sheff acted with class and didn't lay out one of those clowns. Unlike the fans in Fenway.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby .38 Special » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:21 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:

Way to be a professional. If he is going to fight back, throw the damn ball and try to get the out, then deal with the fan.

Cry me a river, Bo Sox fan. Sheff acted with class and didn't lay out one of those clowns. Unlike the fans in Fenway.

Thanks for proving my point about generalizations.
.38 Special
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby .38 Special » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:23 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Right...like they won't just go buy another ticket? Like the Boston security guys (the same ones that start bullpen fights with opposition players) are going to point this guy out if they see him trying to get into Fenway again? I believe in Santa Claus and free lunches too.

If you consider cheering for you employer as "starting a fight." He got beat up cause he was cheering for the Sox, while in the Yanks bullpen.

Again thanks for proving the point of my previous post.
.38 Special
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CubsFan7724 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:26 pm

.38 Special wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:

Cry me a river, Bo Sox fan. Sheff acted with class and didn't lay out one of those clowns. Unlike most baseball fans.

Thanks for proving my point about generalizations.

I should say baseball fans in general. Sorry.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers