**Heads Up for Monday April 18** - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

**Heads Up for Monday April 18**

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

**Heads Up for Monday April 18**

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:19 am

Just a warning that for some reason there is a morning game this week. The Jays and Red Sox play at 11:00 am EST.

This may mean that you have to set your rosters (daily and weekly because this is a Monday) early. CBS Sportsline's new policy is that rosters are locked 30 minutes before the first game starts. This means that this week rosters lock at 10:30 AM EST.
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 277)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Re: **Heads Up for Monday April 18**

Postby BritSox » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:31 am

Mookie4ever wrote:Just a warning that for some reason there is a morning game this week. The Jays and Red Sox play at 11:00 am EST.

This may mean that you have to set your rosters (daily and weekly because this is a Monday) early. CBS Sportsline's new policy is that rosters are locked 30 minutes before the first game starts. This means that this week rosters lock at 10:30 AM EST.


Is it just me or is it ridiculously unfair to expect the Jays to play at 11am after playing at Texas the day before? At least it wasn't a night game i s'pose.
Image
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5223
Joined: 5 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Re: **Heads Up for Monday April 18**

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:38 am

BritSox wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Just a warning that for some reason there is a morning game this week. The Jays and Red Sox play at 11:00 am EST.

This may mean that you have to set your rosters (daily and weekly because this is a Monday) early. CBS Sportsline's new policy is that rosters are locked 30 minutes before the first game starts. This means that this week rosters lock at 10:30 AM EST.


Is it just me or is it ridiculously unfair to expect the Jays to play at 11am after playing at Texas the day before? At least it wasn't a night game i s'pose.


I was going to say the same thing but I'm a homer.

This entire road trip has been a killer. First of all they play 17 consecutive days without a day off. They play the Sox at home then on the road to Oakland, Texas, Boston then back home to face the Yankees and Orioles, all without a single day off?

Too bad stupid Towers only lasted 2 innings yesterday, our bullpen is getting tired. I think that we'll be easy pickings for the Red Sox this time around. :-t
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 277)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Re: **Heads Up for Monday April 18**

Postby BritSox » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:51 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
BritSox wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Just a warning that for some reason there is a morning game this week. The Jays and Red Sox play at 11:00 am EST.

This may mean that you have to set your rosters (daily and weekly because this is a Monday) early. CBS Sportsline's new policy is that rosters are locked 30 minutes before the first game starts. This means that this week rosters lock at 10:30 AM EST.


Is it just me or is it ridiculously unfair to expect the Jays to play at 11am after playing at Texas the day before? At least it wasn't a night game i s'pose.


I was going to say the same thing but I'm a homer.

This entire road trip has been a killer. First of all they play 17 consecutive days without a day off. They play the Sox at home then on the road to Oakland, Texas, Boston then back home to face the Yankees and Orioles, all without a single day off?

Too bad stupid Towers only lasted 2 innings yesterday, our bullpen is getting tired. I think that we'll be easy pickings for the Red Sox this time around. :-t


*Gets horrible feeling about today's game* :-o
Image
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5223
Joined: 5 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby perlick29 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:55 am

It's patriots day today. That's the reason. They also run the boston marathon.
Image
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4810
Joined: 10 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: praising the almighty Baseball Prospectus

Postby Rirruto » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:37 am

perlick29 wrote:It's patriots day today. That's the reason. They also run the boston marathon.


Yup, it's the only 11 o'clock game of the year for the Sox
Image
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2525
Joined: 29 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Mezzanine Section 12 @ Shea

Re: **Heads Up for Monday April 18**

Postby ramble2 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:03 am

Mookie4ever wrote:Just a warning that for some reason there is a morning game this week. The Jays and Red Sox play at 11:00 am EST.

This may mean that you have to set your rosters (daily and weekly because this is a Monday) early. CBS Sportsline's new policy is that rosters are locked 30 minutes before the first game starts. This means that this week rosters lock at 10:30 AM EST.


Or 7:30 AM PST. *yawn*

I really dislike this policy of locking roster 30 minutes before the first game starts.
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Posts: 2952
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 27 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Salt Lake City

Re: **Heads Up for Monday April 18**

Postby ensanimal » Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:15 pm

Mookie4ever wrote: Too bad stupid Towers only lasted 2 innings yesterday, our bullpen is getting tired. I think that we'll be easy pickings for the Red Sox this time around. :-t


at least the 3 games before that the starters went real deep. halladay cg, lilly went 6 and league pitched the last 3, and then chacin pitched 8 with batista doing the 9th.

those 3 games were a big help by the starters to give the bullpen some time off.
ensanimal
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10622
(Past Year: 112)
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Tim Horton's

Re: **Heads Up for Monday April 18**

Postby Madison » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:07 pm

Mookie4ever wrote: First of all they play 17 consecutive days without a day off.


My Rangers play 20 straight days without a day off. :-o
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:22 pm

yeah...when i turned on the tv today and saw that they jays were already playing i was like...what the...if they need to play a morning game in boston...at least don't schedule a team that just played a game in texas for it.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 14875
(Past Year: 194)
Joined: 27 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Osaka Jail

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Oct. 25
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at San Francisco
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact