Veto this Trade? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Veto this Trade?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby quicksilver8 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:01 pm

FWIW, I don't think this trade should be vetoed...especially if the guy getting Alou and Chavez is in need of some offense.
quicksilver8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby great gretzky » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:00 pm

i have gone over this all afternoon and evening, and I can't even decide which side gets the advantage. Depending on roster, I am actually leaning towards alou/chavez. I think alou is always underrated, and after rolen, arod I think chavez s of blalock quality. Rocket is a stud SP, but it runs out any given year, and the chavez side has a point there, if that is his consideration.

I don't always buy mora and can't treat him as an established stus. i think it is a fair trade.

As far as vetoing goes, I think that if you can't determine the better side after 5 minutes, it has got to go through, because at that point, the trade is probably driven by perceived need.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby RynMan » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:33 am

The reason I initially disliked this trade was cuz the guy who is new to fantasy is getting a guy on the DL (and he didnt even know he was on the DL) and is also getting Glavine, who in my opinion in an 11 team league is borderline waiver wire material. I just wasnt sure the difference of Chavez to Mora was enough to justify it, but i'm glad alot of you guys think differently. I thought it was close, so I posted it. Thanks for the response guys.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby prodpaul » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:14 am

Art Vandelay wrote:No way is this trade veteoable.

Yeah I agree.

Tetelestai
prodpaul
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CPHFighter1 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:50 am

I operate under the belief that you don't veto unless there is collusion (combining teams). Protecting a rookie is not a reason to veto. Adding new veto reasons beyond that gets out of control.

That being said, this trade looks pretty fair anyway.
CPHFighter1
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers