George Steinbrenner speaks out. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

George Steinbrenner speaks out.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby donny23 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:21 pm

This is just about the dumbest argument I've ever seen on this board. That being said, here's my take:

For the guy that started this by knocking the concept of making employees be clean shaven, etc: He owns the damn team and pays for everything involved with his money. Who the hell cares what rules he makes? It's his team. If players don't like it, they can leave. I agree that it's a silly way of running things, particularly for a sports team, but hey, it's his team so who the hell cares. For it to make you angry is laughable. All companies have some stupid rules.

For all the Yankee fans trying to defend the concept by pointing to the success of the yankees: You really think a clean shave makes someone hit or pitch better or play better as a team? Come on. let's be real here. It's just a way of George stroking his own ego by feeling like his rules have something to do with the Yankees success. Bottom line is only his wallet and good management have made this team so successful through the years. Let's not forget that this team has been successful way before Steinbrenner took over without policies like this in place.

By the way, I do root for one of these two teams. Doesn't mean I have to take a one-sided view on this. Yankees and Sox fans need to stop making generalizations and b!tching at each other over bs.
donny23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Statman101 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:40 pm

donny23 wrote:This is just about the dumbest argument I've ever seen on this board. That being said, here's my take:

For the guy that started this by knocking the concept of making employees be clean shaven, etc: He owns the damn team and pays for everything involved with his money. Who the hell cares what rules he makes? It's his team. If players don't like it, they can leave. I agree that it's a silly way of running things, particularly for a sports team, but hey, it's his team so who the hell cares. For it to make you angry is laughable. All companies have some stupid rules.

For all the Yankee fans trying to defend the concept by pointing to the success of the yankees: You really think a clean shave makes someone hit or pitch better or play better as a team? Come on. let's be real here. It's just a way of George stroking his own ego by feeling like his rules have something to do with the Yankees success. Bottom line is only his wallet and good management have made this team so successful through the years. Let's not forget that this team has been successful way before Steinbrenner took over without policies like this in place.

By the way, I do root for one of these two teams. Doesn't mean I have to take a one-sided view on this. Yankees and Sox fans need to stop making generalizations and b!tching at each other over bs.

Unless I missed the post, I didn't see anyone say that it made them play better.

But it is a stupid rule. You should be able to have a beard if you want to. George is an old stubborn man.
Statman101
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby slomo007 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:43 pm

slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:52 pm

slomo007 wrote:Image