George Steinbrenner speaks out. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

George Steinbrenner speaks out.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Strasil42 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:00 pm

GiantFan666 wrote:
Strasil42 wrote:
I'm curious as to how there's a relationship between being a professional and growing a beard or mustache.


ok, i was just yelled at by my new employers so id be happy too.

It gives the impression that your too lazy to even shave. You have to look like a professional. You cant look like you were out drinking beers till 4 in the morning and didnt have time to shave.

heres an example of an application i found.

In addition to proper dress, employees are expected to present a clean, neat and business-like
appearance. For example, male employees are expected to have neatly combed hair and to be clean
shaven.


Yeah... like that lazy guy Abraham Lincoln!!!


wait did i say that if you have a beard your lazy??

o no wait i didnt, i said it makes you appear lazy in the eyes of some.

great point though.



;-D ;-D ;-D
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4347
Joined: 14 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Omaha

Postby afromangettindrunk » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:10 pm

bottom line, the yankees need new arms in their pen. i would not worry about their hitting, they will be throwing up runs all over the place shortly.


i just hope cashman and co. leave the pen as it is ;-D
Image
afromangettindrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 808
Joined: 15 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Albany, NY

Postby cmchampa2 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:23 pm

WharfRat wrote:You know who else had a moustache? Saddam Hussein. 'Nuff said.


Jesus had a beard. So did Lincoln. Einstein had crazy hair. My dad's got a moustache.
I'm not just the president of the Cornbread Maxwell Fan Club, I'm also the only member.
cmchampa2
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 192
Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DK » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:23 pm

I'd rather look lazy and win then look professional and lose.

Anyone disagree?
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Postby WharfRat » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:40 pm

cmchampa2 wrote:
WharfRat wrote:You know who else had a moustache? Saddam Hussein. 'Nuff said.


Jesus had a beard. So did Lincoln. Einstein had crazy hair. My dad's got a moustache.


Jesus got crucified, Lincoln got shot and Einstein invented the A-bomb and then regretted it for the rest of his life. I don't know your pop, but my dad has a full beard and it makes me nervous.

But in all serious, I don't really give a rat's ass whether or not ballplayers have facial hair. What I DO care about, however, is poor drafting, a crappy minor league system and the love for expensive older stars that has sucked up the dollars for the last few years. It doesn't surprise me when the Yanks win, but it also isn't surprising me that the wheels are coming off at the moment.
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 3056
Joined: 27 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Walking my fish

Postby Strasil42 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:41 pm

DK wrote:I'd rather look lazy and win then look professional and lose.

Anyone disagree?


obviously..............
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4347
Joined: 14 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Omaha

Postby AcidRock23 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:52 pm

WharfRat wrote:What I DO care about, however, is poor drafting, a crappy minor league system and the love for expensive older stars that has sucked up the dollars for the last few years. It doesn't surprise me when the Yanks win, but it also isn't surprising me that the wheels are coming off at the moment.


This IS the most interesting thing about the Yankees right now...BP was VERY grim in their analysis of the Yankees' farm system and the teams prospects, not necessarily THIS year but down the road say 4-7 years or so. While they're in the process of building a new stadium, etc....should be interesting.

Sure, they'll be clean cut but will they play?
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 4170
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Champaign, IL

Postby WharfRat » Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:15 pm

AcidRock23 wrote:
WharfRat wrote:What I DO care about, however, is poor drafting, a crappy minor league system and the love for expensive older stars that has sucked up the dollars for the last few years. It doesn't surprise me when the Yanks win, but it also isn't surprising me that the wheels are coming off at the moment.


This IS the most interesting thing about the Yankees right now...BP was VERY grim in their analysis of the Yankees' farm system and the teams prospects, not necessarily THIS year but down the road say 4-7 years or so. While they're in the process of building a new stadium, etc....should be interesting.

Sure, they'll be clean cut but will they play?


The thing about the Yankees is, with all their assets, it's certainly in their capacity to rebuild their farm system, including hiring the Gene Michaels of the world who could get it done. But what makes me nervous is that I don't believe Steinbrenner realizes the value of a good farm system. Let's face it, the Yankees aren't really a well-run organization nowadays.
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 3056
Joined: 27 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Walking my fish

Postby Transmogrifier » Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:59 pm

WharfRat wrote:
cmchampa2 wrote:
WharfRat wrote:You know who else had a moustache? Saddam Hussein. 'Nuff said.


Jesus had a beard. So did Lincoln. Einstein had crazy hair. My dad's got a moustache.


Jesus got crucified, Lincoln got shot and Einstein invented the A-bomb and then regretted it for the rest of his life. I don't know your pop, but my dad has a full beard and it makes me nervous.


Man, that was funny. Very, very funny.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 7181
Joined: 17 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: No taxation without Representation!

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:19 pm

WharfRat wrote:
cmchampa2 wrote:
WharfRat wrote:You know who else had a moustache? Saddam Hussein. 'Nuff said.


Jesus had a beard. So did Lincoln. Einstein had crazy hair. My dad's got a moustache.


Jesus got crucified, Lincoln got shot and Einstein invented the A-bomb and then regretted it for the rest of his life. I don't know your pop, but my dad has a full beard and it makes me nervous.


:-b
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11944
(Past Year: 116)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: benjaminbs16, edgaryl60, louiseav4, lyndaoj1, wingman3110 and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Monday, Apr. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Baltimore at Boston
(11:05 am)
Kansas City at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
LA Angels at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
St. Louis at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Miami at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Arizona at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
San Diego at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Texas at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Philadelphia at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Houston at Seattle
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact