Appeasing baseball Gods... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Appeasing baseball Gods...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby johnsamo » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:37 pm

I don't know that there's anyway to appease the baseball Gods. IF somebody figures it out , let me know. From what I've seen, nothing us mere mortals do matters to them, when they want to take a big dump on you, they will... When they give you a sunny day with a cool breeze, they do...
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1826
Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Los Angeles

Postby davidmarver » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:30 pm

johnsamo wrote:I don't know that there's anyway to appease the baseball Gods. IF somebody figures it out , let me know. From what I've seen, nothing us mere mortals do matters to them, when they want to take a big dump on you, they will... When they give you a sunny day with a cool breeze, they do...

Are you trying to rationalize Terrmel Sledge's game tying ninth inning homer and Mike Cameron's extra-innings triple that gave us the victory tonight? Nice try, myself and the Gods know better.
Image
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6154
Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 5.5 Hole

Postby johnsamo » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:33 pm

I would worship them with extreme devotion if I thought it'd help, but I think they're oblivious to our actions.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1826
Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Los Angeles

Postby wrveres » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:19 am

davidmarver wrote:
johnsamo wrote:I don't know that there's anyway to appease the baseball Gods. IF somebody figures it out , let me know. From what I've seen, nothing us mere mortals do matters to them, when they want to take a big dump on you, they will... When they give you a sunny day with a cool breeze, they do...

Are you trying to rationalize Terrmel Sledge's game tying ninth inning homer and Mike Cameron's extra-innings triple that gave us the victory tonight? Nice try, myself and the Gods know better.




nice

Ya gotta believe johnsamo, thats the key.;-D



ps, that burrito looks tasty
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 687)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davidmarver » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:01 pm

Dipping into here once again; trying to get Jake some run support. So with no further ado, I sacrifice this Peavey monitor:

Image

Please accept this gift almighty baseball Gods. Thanks. ;-D
Image
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6154
Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 5.5 Hole

Postby DK » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:09 pm

Oh Minister Marver, what to do about the recent slump of David Wright?
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Postby davidmarver » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:11 pm

DK wrote:Oh Minister Marver, what to do about the recent slump of David Wright?

Cry. I don't un-jinx Mets. }:-)
Image
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6154
Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 5.5 Hole

Postby DK » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:13 pm

davidmarver wrote:
DK wrote:Oh Minister Marver, what to do about the recent slump of David Wright?

Cry. I don't un-jinx Mets. }:-)


OK, I'll cry with a 13.5 game division lead.

Speaking of which, how those Pads? }:-)
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Postby davidmarver » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:15 pm

DK wrote:
davidmarver wrote:
DK wrote:Oh Minister Marver, what to do about the recent slump of David Wright?

Cry. I don't un-jinx Mets. }:-)


OK, I'll cry with a 13.5 game division lead.

Speaking of which, how those Pads? }:-)

Pads of paper or maxi-pads? Either way, it beats Jake's run support.
Image
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6154
Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 5.5 Hole

Postby DK » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:19 pm

davidmarver wrote:
DK wrote:
davidmarver wrote:
DK wrote:Oh Minister Marver, what to do about the recent slump of David Wright?

Cry. I don't un-jinx Mets. }:-)


OK, I'll cry with a 13.5 game division lead.

Speaking of which, how those Pads? }:-)

Pads of paper or maxi-pads? Either way, it beats Jake's run support.


Lol. :D

OK, on a serious note, I know he got a positive note, but could you at least do me one favor and help out Tom Glavine? He's got a blood clot in his shoulder that was considered possibly career-ending and I just want him to have good health... Not just as a Met but a human, y'know?
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Y`s Guy and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact