BJ Upton the fielding machine...... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

BJ Upton the fielding machine......

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby hybrid » Sat May 28, 2005 12:47 pm

Mustangs989 wrote:Had 2 more errors last night to make it 19 on the season.

Yeah had a rough night, but before last night he only had 1 error in his last 19 games. I'm glad to see him making progress, even if he does have a few bumps in the way still.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:19 pm

hit another big bump last night with 3 errors which gives him 5 errors in his last 3 games,,,,,, as far as season errors total(24 now on the season i do believe), i have given up trying to keep count.....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby hybrid » Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:55 pm

Yep, like I said he has times when he is really doing well, then he just has the wheels fall of sometimes.

Before the last barrage of errors, he only had 3 in his last 24 games. He is making progress ... though he obviously still needs to get the consistency down of doing it every day.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby warrick95 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:27 pm

I really have to visit this forum more since I like the minors so much. These "funks" you've been referring to are totally mind-boggling. He's so smooth out there that it just seems like he might be getting careless out there.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Surfs up » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:00 am

And the errors just keep on coming. At this rate can't be good for Upton to make it back this year. Although big changes going on in Tampa. Maybe Lugo is next to go or Nick Green and move Lugo to second. Last I knew he was hitting about .290
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 200)

Postby LoudmouthApostle » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:11 pm

Surfs up wrote:And the errors just keep on coming. At this rate can't be good for Upton to make it back this year. Although big changes going on in Tampa. Maybe Lugo is next to go or Nick Green and move Lugo to second. Last I knew he was hitting about .290

Maybe they should just bring him up as DH and accept his defense will be poopy all year. Just have him work on it on the side and in winter ball but get used to hitting major league pitching.
LoudmouthApostle
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby hybrid » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:47 am

Why bring him up and DH? That really doesn't solve anything, he needs to get chances to improve and the Rays aren't going anywhere so it's no point bringing him up just for his bat.

Once again he is being streaky, after doing real well he started this month awful with 5 errors in 3 games. Since then he only has 1 error in 11 games now.

Consistency, consistency, consistency ... if he had that he would be showing his talent at the bigs, but he is far from them right now.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby HAC Wolves » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:32 pm

He rips the cover off the ball but is just careless ad maybe i should go to his games more often cuz in the 5 ive gone to no errors :-) so if any D Rays Fans want to buy me season tickets im game ;-D

I really like his talent and his ability. He should blossom into an all star at short while developing and we have to remember he is only 20 years old.
Mariners for life

http://img87.echo.cx/img87/1927/paintballsig3xr.jpg

www.mccoypaintball.com
HAC Wolves
College Coach
College Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball