OK, Star Wars is awesome, but........... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

OK, Star Wars is awesome, but...........

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby nuggets » Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:39 am

There is a guy in Seattle who has been camping out for over 3 months.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eftda » Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:41 am

Were you there for the Santana Row Fire?

Anywho, back to Star Wars...

I'll see it two times for sure, but I can't wait to see all 6 in one sitting. :-)
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GiantFan666 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:55 am

eftda wrote:Were you there for the Santana Row Fire?

Anywho, back to Star Wars...

I'll see it two times for sure, but I can't wait to see all 6 in one sitting. :-)

Nope... left town about 2 weeks before that happened... I did call the Giants winning the world series on 7/31 due solely to the fact that I was moving 1500 miles away from the stadium missed it by 5 outs!... as far as star wars goes... I agree, I can't wait to plop my ass down in a movie for like 10 hours straight and watch all 6 consecutively... they better have waiters in the theater for something like that... or better concession stands...

I'd like a ticket for all 6 star-wars... yes.. I'lll start off with a salad and then I'd like the 16 oz prime rib... and maybe a creme brulee for dessert :-D
GiantFan666
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Madison » Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:04 am

GiantFan666 wrote:I'd like a ticket for all 6 star-wars... yes.. I'lll start off with a salad and then I'd like the 16 oz prime rib... and maybe a creme brulee for dessert :-D

We've got a restaurant/movie theatre here in Ft. Worth. I've never been there, but they have waiters, and a full menu. I've been meaning to give it a shot one of these days. Nothing like a salad, steak, baked potato, a few cold beers, and a good movie. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby eftda » Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:08 am

They should put the movie in drive ins. It will bring back some of the old 1977 feelings. :-)
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GiantFan666 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:13 am

Madison wrote:
GiantFan666 wrote:I'd like a ticket for all 6 star-wars... yes.. I'lll start off with a salad and then I'd like the 16 oz prime rib... and maybe a creme brulee for dessert :-D

We've got a restaurant/movie theatre here in Ft. Worth. I've never been there, but they have waiters, and a full menu. I've been meaning to give it a shot one of these days. Nothing like a salad, steak, baked potato, a few cold beers, and a good movie. ;-D

I wish they had something like that here in Omaha... I've heard they have em in a few places.. but never for 1st run movies just the movies that are either cult classics like a dbl feature of Blues Brothers and Caddy Shack or the 4 month old movies that are about to come out on DVD... I have heard about premium movie theaters out in LA where tickets cost like $20 bucks a pop but they have ultra high quality concessions like only paul newman popcorn and ultra plush seating ... ( it keeps the riff-raff public out of the theater)
GiantFan666
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby GiantFan666 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:18 am

eftda wrote:They should put the movie in drive ins. It will bring back some of the old 1977 feelings. :-)

Alright... dating myself here but... I saw the first one at the drive-ins!! good old Capitol Drive-Ins! do they still have them? when I left SJ they still had 4-5 screens up
GiantFan666
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:32 am

GiantFan666 wrote:
Madison wrote:

I wish they had something like that here in Omaha... I've heard they have em in a few places.. but never for 1st run movies just the movies that are either cult classics like a dbl feature of Blues Brothers and Caddy Shack or the 4 month old movies that are about to come out on DVD... I have heard about premium movie theaters out in LA where tickets cost like $20 bucks a pop but they have ultra high quality concessions like only paul newman popcorn and ultra plush seating ... ( it keeps the riff-raff public out of the theater)

Like I said, I haven't been to ours yet, but my understanding is that tickets are $10 and they are brand new movies. ;-D Maybe someday I'll give it a shot and then bump this thread to give a review. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:22 pm

eftda wrote:I am going to stand in line to buy tickets when they gone on sale in San Jose. I don't think there will be a line, but if there is I'll pay a freind to stand in line for me. :-)

We are seeing the midnight showing on May 18th-19th.

It is worth it to me, becuase I've been waiting for htis movie since I was 5.

You are young and you don't file taxes because you are under your parents but you would pay someone to stand in line for you?? :-o

I will never do that. I always just wait for the beginning rush to end and then I go. Either that or I just wait for the DVD.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby eftda » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:17 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
eftda wrote:I am going to stand in line to buy tickets when they gone on sale in San Jose. I don't think there will be a line, but if there is I'll pay a freind to stand in line for me. :-)

We are seeing the midnight showing on May 18th-19th.

It is worth it to me, becuase I've been waiting for htis movie since I was 5.

You are young and you don't file taxes because you are under your parents but you would pay someone to stand in line for you?? :-o

I will never do that. I always just wait for the beginning rush to end and then I go. Either that or I just wait for the DVD.

Hooray for youngness. ;-D
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk