Maggs=next Juan Gone? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Maggs=next Juan Gone?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Maggs=next Juan Gone?

Postby TheYanks04 » Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:39 pm

Anyone else notice a potential pattern here.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davidmarver » Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:44 pm

Juan Gone was far better than Maggs is and it's too early to tell if Maggs will have the re-occuring injury problems Juan has had.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Pedantic » Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:46 pm

I don't. Gonzalez has posted only two seasons with 150 or more games played and only six seasons with 140 or more. Prior to 2004, Magglio had five straight seasons with at least 153 games played.
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby TheYanks04 » Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:50 pm

And is now 0 for the last 2 with a gimpy knee.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby EK711 » Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:55 pm

At least Maggs tried to play this season.

Juan Gone magically went to the DL the same day that he got $600,000 for making the 25 man roster. I think it was around 7 hours or so after the time stipulated in his contract. :-t
EK711
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Pedantic » Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:18 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:And is now 0 for the last 2 with a gimpy knee.

Just because he missed time last season because of his knee problems (which, I might add, was caused by a collision) and now missed time because of a hernia doesn't mean he's suddenly injury-prone. This is what you are trying to establish, no? That Magglio is injury-prone? It hasn't even been a year since his intial injury, and now you want to label him injury-prone? He's not on the DL for a sore neck or sore knees, y'know. How many ballplayers that you know would be able to play through a hernia, hmm? These are not chronic, vague ailments. These are isolated incidents that could have happened to anyone and I see no reason that he won't be a completely healthy, productive player once his current injuries heal.

This whole thread is pointless and nonsensical. You haven't even provided any evidence that he is injury-prone other than the fact that he is injured. Many, many players get injured every year, and most of them aren't injury-prone or branded as such. Please stop wasting our time with your gripes (and you do have a lot of them). I don't know if I speak for everyone, but I, for one, am sick and tired of this.
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:51 pm

Juan was all roided up also.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby kcs261 » Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:53 pm

Comparing Maggs to Juan Gone is not warranted yet. That said, I wouldn't want the guy on my team -- not as a high draft pick. Even two years ago, his HRs dropped to 29 from 38 the year before, plus his RBIs dropped from135 to 99. Then, last year, he was out of commission and now this. So...if I were his owner, I wouldn't expect 2002 Magglio any time soon. If you do, I think you will be disappointed.
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby d18Mike » Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:10 pm

Juan Gone is a prima donna jerk who thinks nothing of taking 2 weeks off for a cold. Ask Tiger fans.

Maggs is a class individual who has just had some bad breaks -- none of which have anything to do with being injury prone in the JD Drew/Griffey pull-rip-strain-tear sense. He'll be fine.
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers