Delmon Young - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Delmon Young

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Delmon Young

Postby Balco » Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:30 pm

When is he gonna startseein some paling time in the majors ??

- Balco
Balco
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:59 pm

probably will be 2006,,, slim chance of this year, but i am thinking 2006 will be his first year in the majors.....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dkakridas » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:26 am

I have talked to many Rays insiders and they just about unanimously agree that Delmon will be up this year and not to much later after the all star break (early August).

He is tearing up AA right now. .300, 3 HR, 8 SB and great OBP. He is toying with pitchers.

His bat is major league ready right now. I am not sure about his defense but he is highly regarded there and last time I checked TB has a def. liability playing in RF.

The _only_ reason he is still in the minors now is that they don't want to start his free agency clock too soon. Pinella is at odds with managment right now and that could get ugly. If Pinella is axed, Young will be on a even faster track IMO. The Rays can't hope to contend without players like Young hitting in the middle of the lineup.

Look for Young in TB right after the ASB. You heard it here first. Get him cheap while you can.
dkakridas
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Egregious » Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:26 am

I heard earlier something about a month's cutoff being important for his free agency clock, that is, that as long as he's not on the major league roster for the first month of the season (or something like that), it doesn't start this season. Is there anything to that?

Whether or not that's the case, any suggestions on when to pick him up? I'm in a fairly deep competitive 12-team keeper league, with a lot of folks who track minor leaguers.
Egregious
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dkakridas » Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:23 pm

frankly, I am astonished that he has not been picked up yet. No reason Delmon Young should not be on someone's roster in a keeper league. He is a stud in the Albert Belle mold with more speed. Run don't walk to your free agent pickup screen and pick that man-child up. He will contribute this year more than most people think and next year- look out.
dkakridas
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Strasil42 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:34 pm

dkakridas wrote:frankly, I am astonished that he has not been picked up yet. No reason Delmon Young should not be on someone's roster in a keeper league. He is a stud in the Albert Belle mold with more speed. Run don't walk to your free agent pickup screen and pick that man-child up. He will contribute this year more than most people think and next year- look out.

is he in yahoos database??
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bigken117 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:22 pm

Strasil42 wrote:
is he in yahoos database??

not yet...he will be not too long after he gets called up

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby Egregious » Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:17 pm

Eh, I'm in a sportsline league anyway - he's in their database.
Egregious
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dkakridas » Sun May 08, 2005 6:09 pm

if you want to get excited about this guys talent- check out his line today (Sunday) against Carolina in the Southern League (AA).

Speed and Power stud and .300 is a given. The way he is toying with AA pitching and the huge hole at RF and power numbers in Tampa means that you can expect this superstar in the making sometime soon after the all star break if not sooner.

The Rays can't miss the boat on this one. Here is your Miguel Cabrera of 2005.

Jump on board.
dkakridas
College Coach
College Coach

Postby hybrid » Sun May 08, 2005 6:35 pm

Ever since he came back from his 3 game suspension, for arguing with an Ump, he has been red hot. In the 5 games since, look at these numbers:

11 for 19, 5 runs - 2 hr's - 8 rbi's - 4 sb's (2BB/3K ratio)

The AVG. or power isn't what has surprised me this year though, it's his speed on the base paths. When I saw him in ST I knew he looked pretty fast, but man ... 13 SB's for the year now (only caught twice). Hopefully this will stop all the comparisons to his brother about getting to big.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball