House That Big Stein Built: Yankee Stadium is "Outta Here!!" - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

House That Big Stein Built: Yankee Stadium is "Outta Here!!"

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Trojan Pony » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:31 am

You should be hanging out with Steinbrenner. lol
Trojan Pony
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheYanks04 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:32 am

Who said the Mets games were good games?

All I know is you better be prepared to lose the bleacher creatures in favor of the bleacher brokers....lose hot dog vendors for sushi vendors...lose roll call for margin call...lose Cotton Eye Joe for the them from Wall Street the movie...lose cap day for fake mink coat day.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Conner » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:36 am

TheYanks04 wrote:Who said the Mets games were good games?

All I know is you better be prepared to lose the bleacher creatures in favor of the bleacher brokers....lose hot dog vendors for sushi vendors...lose roll call for margin call...lose Cotton Eye Joe for the them from Wall Street the movie...lose cap day for fake mink coat day.

Ehh...what?

Not a single one of thos things will happen, and there's no reason to even pretend they might. You're just a Negative Nelly.
Conner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Trojan Pony » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:41 am

he was joking. i thought it was funny.

theyre gonna replace Utz with wasabi pita crisps.
Trojan Pony
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bluefire7 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:08 pm

Trojan Pony wrote:Yankee fan here. The news makes me a little sad but not angry. I'm more angry about the 7,000 less seats than a new stadium. It's already next to impossible to get seats, much less decent seats, for the good games (i.e. Red Sox and Mets). Steinbrenner really needs to get his head out of his ass and make things better, not worse, for low and middle income families who love his team.

If you've been to Yankee Stadium lately you kinda get the feeling just by looking around that it's in its final years. At least I do. It just looks really aged in an ugly dilapidated sort of way. But it's still classic and filled with that "Yankee Stadium" energy. I'm very pleased to hear they won't be tearing down the old stadium.

All good things must come to an end. :-/

i agree here. sad to see those 7K seats go. its hard enough to get a ticket now as they increase the prices.. those luxury boxes are ludicrous. i guess it just means ya gotta know people in high places to get into baseball games now.

Trojan Pony wrote:he was joking. i thought it was funny.

theyre gonna replace Utz with wasabi pita crisps.

nothin will be replaced. i actually think it would be a welcome change to have more items on the uber-small menus.. =P but if we're paying $4.75 for a 35c hot dog now, is the sushi gunna be like $20 for 6 cali rolls?
:~(
bluefire7
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Nomar4prez » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:56 pm

I'm a Sox fan, and I think this is terrible news. Theres just something magic about watching an October game between the Sox and Yanks in Yankee stadium. Well, I had hoped to someday watch a game in Yankee stadium, but I guess those plans are shot. Let's hope the "feeling" of Yankee stadium can still be maintained. I know the feeling at the Boston Garden was completely ruined with the Fleetcenter.

.....I hate change.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers