House That Big Stein Built: Yankee Stadium is "Outta Here!!" - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

House That Big Stein Built: Yankee Stadium is "Outta Here!!"

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby FlawedReasoning » Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:54 am

Y`s Guy wrote:I would assume that every season ticket holder right now gets dibs at their seats in the new park. That will keep the true fandom alive and well.

Except that there are 7,000 fewer seats.
FlawedReasoning
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Conner » Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:57 am

FlawedReasoning wrote:
Y`s Guy wrote:I would assume that every season ticket holder right now gets dibs at their seats in the new park. That will keep the true fandom alive and well.

Except that there are 7,000 fewer seats.

The current stadium has about 56,000 seats. I doubt there's 30,000 season ticket holders.

7,000 fewer seast means nothing to the current season ticket holders.
Conner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TheYanks04 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:58 am

No, because the prices will escalate to the point where many of the non-corporate season ticket holder will not be able to afford it. Championship box seats are already $95 a pop...x81 home games that's about 7700 dollars before parking, Parking is $12 dollars a game bring a full season ticket with the best seat to about $8700. You want a set of 4 tickets...35K a year. Hardly cheap.

And I can guarantee you those prices will escalate a lot to pay off a new 800 M stadium. How many Yankee fans can afford spending 12-13000 dollars for ONE season ticket....not too many.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Conner » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:00 am

TheYanks04 wrote:No, because the prices will escalate to the point where many of the non-corporate season ticket holder will not be able to afford it. Championship box seats are already $95 a pop...x81 home games that's about 7700 dollars before parking, Parking is $12 dollars a game bring a full season ticket with the best seat to about $8700. You want a set of 4 tickets...35K a year. Hardly cheap.

And I can guarantee you those prices will escalate a lot to pay off a new 800 M stadium. How many Yankee fans can afford spending 12-13000 dollars for ONE season ticket....not too many.

Oh well....Too bad.

That's the way it goes.

Season tickets aren't supposed to be cheap, by the way.
Conner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby nuggets » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:00 am

Yankee stadium is disorganized and painful to the eye from some views as is. I'd want to tear it down too.

Anyone see an inverse relationship to what the Red Sox are doing?
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:15 am

And not that I care how much George spends as I appreciate the man's desire to win and keep his fanbase happy, but all you whiners out there crying about 200M Yankee payrolls...if this gets built, you will be looking back at 2005 and 200M payrolls as the good old days. George will be swimming in so much cash there will be no limit to what he can spend...at least no limit until he trades in his yacht for his own personal aircraft carrier.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Trojan Pony » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:16 am

Yankee fan here. The news makes me a little sad but not angry. I'm more angry about the 7,000 less seats than a new stadium. It's already next to impossible to get seats, much less decent seats, for the good games (i.e. Red Sox and Mets). Steinbrenner really needs to get his head out of his ass and make things better, not worse, for low and middle income families who love his team.

If you've been to Yankee Stadium lately you kinda get the feeling just by looking around that it's in its final years. At least I do. It just looks really aged in an ugly dilapidated sort of way. But it's still classic and filled with that "Yankee Stadium" energy. I'm very pleased to hear they won't be tearing down the old stadium.

All good things must come to an end. :-/
Trojan Pony
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Conner » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:19 am

Trojan Pony wrote:It's already next to impossible to get seats, much less decent seats, for the good games (i.e. Red Sox and Mets).

That would be the case if there were 80,000 seats, dude.

You've just got to get your tickts to those games early.
Conner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Trojan Pony » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:27 am

But still, that's 7,000 less people who can see those games out of the hundreds of thousands who want to.
Trojan Pony
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Conner » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:30 am

Trojan Pony wrote:But still, that's 7,000 less people who can see those games out of the hundreds of thousands who want to.

There's always going to be people who wish they could go to the games, but can't due to financial reasons or others.

Like I said....Oh well.
Conner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers