House That Big Stein Built: Yankee Stadium is "Outta Here!!" - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

House That Big Stein Built: Yankee Stadium is "Outta Here!!"

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby thehat » Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:08 pm

wieds wrote:I heard its gonna hold 7000 less seats. In a stadium that sells out all the time this is a disgrace. It just shows that owners only care about making money, not letting loyal fans have access to tickets.

This stadium should have more seats, not more luxury boxes

Check your numbers. Yankee Stadium gets big crowds, but they hardly sell out all the time. If they did, they would be drawing well over 4,000,000 each season.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:10 pm

It's not as if Yankee Stadium is the nicest place inside and it's really getting up there in age etc.

I really have no problem with them building a new park across the street. I am however amazed that the current stadium would stay standing. Real estate is so incredibly expensive that the rent for that large piece of relatively unused space is not going to pay for itself.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Conner » Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:17 pm

thehat wrote:
wieds wrote:I heard its gonna hold 7000 less seats. In a stadium that sells out all the time this is a disgrace. It just shows that owners only care about making money, not letting loyal fans have access to tickets.

Check your numbers. Yankee Stadium gets big crowds, but they hardly sell out all the time. If they did, they would be drawing well over 4,000,000 each season.

I don't particularly disagree with you...

But the Yankees probably will draw 4 million this season. They sold like 3.5 million tickets before the season started.

The current stadium does have a lot of seats, though...so taking 7,000 away won't hurt very much. That still leaves about 50,000 seats for "the common man".
Conner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Y`s Guy » Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:17 pm

The stadium is definitely being passed by other teams. The hallways are narrow and there really isn't an expansive concourse that I know of that caters to something like a food court or entertainment area. The new park should focus on the outside experience, too, for the fans. We like to show early and it would be great to do things interesting outside for a while.

I remember attending a game at Qualcomm a few years ago. Outside were bands, kiosks, food...it was great.

Also, at the Stadium...the upper seats are so steep it is almost frightening to stand up too quickly.
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 275)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby quietstorm » Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:20 pm

...right. Let's remove 7,000 seats (which would normally hold paying fans) just so we can make more money!
Your wisemen don't know how it feels to be thick as a brick...
quietstorm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby -1FA- » Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:25 pm

-1FA- wrote:
a Saying stadiums must all be torn down at some point is not right. It's called remodeling.

I believe you just don't know what you're talking about.

You know you are right. I must be drunk. I also think that the Capital building is getting old and is not as efficient as other government building that other nations have....let's tear it down and build another one. It's simply too old.

The Indianapolis Speedway is getting old too. They shouldn't bother repaving it they should build a new one.

;-)

Most baseball fans could care less whether or not a new stadium is built. That's fine. BUT there are a great % of Yankee fans that would rather fix up the old stadium instead.

Some people don't care and some do.

I'd rather take my son to the house that Ruth built one day, but now it will be to some other stadium that won't have the same feeling.

Oh well. Nothing any Yankee fan can do. As long as they don't raise the beer prices to pay for it!
-1FA-
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby agchris02 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:01 am

quietstorm wrote:

...right. Let's remove 7,000 seats (which would normally hold paying fans) just so we can make more money!

actually removing 7000 seats probably will make them A LOT more money, especially with the higher prices of the seats.

that aside, it SUCKS, I hated that when they built the AA center and stopped playing hockey/basketball at reunion arena because it has less seats but is BIGGER

I have a feeling thats what will happen here, the stadium will be bigger and roomier, with more luxury boxes. This equates to a stadium with 1/10 the atmosopher of the old place. Its quiet, and no REAL fans go
Jackalope
agchris02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby blankman » Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:23 am

agchris02 wrote:Its quiet, and no REAL fans go

Sure, that's exactly what will happen ;-7
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby TheYanks04 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:37 am

So exactly how will a park where 45000+ seats will be season ticket holders the majority of which are owned by fat cats and Wall street a**holes be great atmosphere? You will be able to get your hot dog faster and gulp it down with some yuppie brew as long as you pay 150 dollars a ticket (assuming you can even get a ticket from one of the season ticket a**holes).

Nice new park filled with fly by night fans getting comps from their firm for tax write-offs. Nice amenities you will not be able to use since you will hardly be able to afford a ticket. It will become like MSG and the Knicks with 1000 dollar seats up front and cost 500+ to bring the wife and kids to the game. Don't buy into the this BS. It is all a money maker that will unfortunately alienate the real Yankee fans who will be left to watch most games on TV because they will not be able to afford going to the Stadium more than a couple of times a year at best.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Y`s Guy » Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:52 am

I would assume that every season ticket holder right now gets dibs at their seats in the new park. That will keep the true fandom alive and well.
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 275)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers