House That Big Stein Built: Yankee Stadium is "Outta Here!!" - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

House That Big Stein Built: Yankee Stadium is "Outta Here!!"

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:48 pm

YES Network just said that the current Stadium would be upheld as a museum and for youth activities....
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FlawedReasoning » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:00 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:YES Network just said that the current Stadium would be upheld as a museum and for youth activities....

Hmmm... I guess if they do that, then... Well, it still sucks that normal families will have an even harder time affording a trip to the ballpark, but at least maybe they could go to the museum instead (unless of course it will be a "luxury" museum). That's still not the same, though. Anyway, I don't know...

Do you really think they'll keep it in some fashion and turn it into a museum? I hope so.
FlawedReasoning
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Conner » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:03 pm

I honestly just didn't fel like any of th articles or anything on this...so maybe this has been covered.

Anyway...The Yankees obviously contribute a lot of money to revenue sharing. Considering that thy will be spending a lot of money on this project...I would assume that means they won't have to spend as much money on revenue sharing. I'm guessing that plays a big part in why the Yanks have agreed to pay for almost the entire project themselves, without asking for much help from the city or state. The less money they spend on the stadium, is just more money that they'd have to give away to other teams, anyway. This way...they don't have to give that money to other teams....instead, just putting that money into the stadium, and saving their city/state some money.
Conner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby -1FA- » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:19 pm

as a yankee fan and a baseball fan..this is horrible news. Saying stadiums must all be torn down at some point is not right. It's called remodeling.

This is bad for baseball. As a Yankee fan I would have the same feeling if Boston decided to scrap Fenway.

Terrible news.

The ghosts have truly left the stadium.

piss poor.
-1FA-
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby BritSox » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:24 pm

-1FA- wrote:as a yankee fan and a baseball fan..this is horrible news. Saying stadiums must all be torn down at some point is not right. It's called remodeling.

This is bad for baseball. As a Yankee fan I would have the same feeling if Boston decided to scrap Fenway.

Terrible news.

The ghosts have truly left the stadium.

piss poor.

I'm afraid it is. Stadia just do have a shelflife, which is usually about 100 years give or take a couple of decades.
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby Conner » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:37 pm

-1FA- wrote:a Saying stadiums must all be torn down at some point is not right. It's called remodeling.

I believe you just don't know what you're talking about.
Conner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SouthBronxBombers » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:55 pm

You can repair and refurbish only so many times. George is spending his own money, which is astounding that he is doing so and that baseball is going to let him. I'm probably as big a Yankee fan as there is and I don't see anything wrong with this.

As for prices, everything is more expensive in NY. Met's ticket prices are not drastically different. I'm not sure how lowering the prices on tickets at Yankee games is going to change the crowd dynamics. It's not like those corporate fatcats you cite would not still go if the price is lower. Inded, it would probably compell more of that as it would mean more companies could buy season tickets. You charge what the market will bear. It would be absurd to do otherwise. And given that bleacher seats can be gotten for $10, it's not like the common man cannot afford to go see a game there.
SouthBronxBombers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby reznorsboy » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:55 pm

Conner wrote:
-1FA- wrote:a Saying stadiums must all be torn down at some point is not right. It's called remodeling.

Remember this later on when you try and tell the guy that he started the argument Conner :-b
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Conner » Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:10 pm

reznorsboy wrote:
Conner wrote:

Remember this later on when you try and tell the guy that he started the argument Conner :-b

What are you talking about?

I said that stadium's don't last forever.

He said that saying that is not right.

I said that I believe he doesn't know what he's talking about.

I'm stating no argument. Just stating a fact. As far as I know...he corrected me, to say something that just doesn't make sense. How else would you like me to respond?

And, yes...I know that you stuck a little smiley guy at the end of your comment. That doesn't hide the fact that you weren't "just kidding".
Conner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Joe Mauer » Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:02 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:I figured Yankee fans would be more upset about this then I am. But I guess if its falling apart, tear it down. They obviously didn't build it as solid as Wrigley or Fenway then. }:-)

No, NY has had many more post season games played there. That is why. More use. J/K.

I hate the Yankees.....but Jeter, now, he's a heck of a player! ;-D

Ok, I rambled, sorry. ;-D

Pierz,Castro,Tulo,Espinosa,Gyorko,Goldschmidt,Encarna,Howard,Carter,Cespedes,Marte,Soriano,Brown,Ludwick,Smoak
Strasbg,King F,Harvey,Scherzer,Teheran,Street,Jansen,Hernandez
BA 5,HR 9.5,R 4,RBI 6,SB 2,ERA 12,H+S 8,K 11,W 7.5,WHIP 11,TOT 76 pt 3rd
Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)
Location: Standing outside the Metrodome singing "We're going to win Twins, We're going to score...."

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers