Persons coming back, Koch on WW what to do... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Persons coming back, Koch on WW what to do...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Persons coming back, Koch on WW what to do...

Postby SoCalRebel » Tue May 13, 2003 6:50 pm

I have williamson and mantei who I wont let go. However I have Looper and Polite as well. Im wondering if its worth it to drop one or both of these guys for Koch or Person.

And to keep this post relevent to the Fourm its being posted in. Here is what Fanball.com reported on both these guys.

White Sox: Koch still the closer

The News
Manager Jerry Manuel told the Chicago Daily Herald on Monday that Billy Koch is still the team's closer. "Billy Koch is our lead man," Manuel said. "He's the guy, no doubt about that. He just had to iron out some things." Damaso Marte has recorded the team's last four saves while Koch has ironed out some problems with his delivery. "I finally figured it out," Koch explained. "Everything's okay. I think it was a matter of developing some poor throwing habits. I threw lights out in spring training, but once the season started I came out and got all geeked up."
Our View
We'd continue to keep Billy on the bench until he closes out a game for the Sox. We have to believe that Manuel has more confidence in Marte than Koch right now, and Billy needs to prove that he has it all worked out.

Red Sox: Person finally getting the call

The News
Boston plans to activate pitcher Robert Person prior to Tuesday's game, the Boston Herald reported. Person has been pitching for Triple-A Pawtucket, and he will reportedly contend for Boston's primary closer role. Jason Shiell or Steve Woodard will probably be sent down. The team also noted that they do not expect former committee member Bob Howry to come back up to the big club soon.
Our View
Brandon Lyon has received the most recent bunch of save opportunities, and there is no concrete word that Person will take over that role. However, Robert does have past closer experience with the Blue Jays, and we expect him to have a shot down the road. Don't expect an immediate shot for Person, but continue to monitor how Grady Little handles this situation.
Im not an expert but I have an opinion
SoCalRebel
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bleach168 » Tue May 13, 2003 6:53 pm

Koch is a much better option than Person right now. Koch will be given another shot at closing, maybe even several more shots at closing before Manuel will give up on him enitrely.

Person will only get a shot if Lyons fails which is very possible. However, another possibility is that Boston trades for a closer.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby Sponge » Tue May 13, 2003 7:13 pm

I would keep Looper, drop Politte and add Koch.
Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
Sponge
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby B Dizzle » Tue May 13, 2003 8:30 pm

drop politte for koch, reports are now that koch just had to smooth some things out in his delivery.
Mark Prior for MVP
B Dizzle
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby BankRoll » Tue May 13, 2003 11:05 pm

Get Koch. If he truly worked his problems out he'll be a fine closer. He pitched a perfect 9th today with 2Ks for the save in a 1-0 game, so things are looking good. I'm almost positive if you don't pick him up tonight someone else will.
BankRoll
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers