"As the Cafe Turns"...Here we go again! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

"As the Cafe Turns"...Here we go again!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

"As the Cafe Turns"...Here we go again!

Postby DaQ » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:01 pm

This is another edition of "As the Cafe Turns", originally titled by Fireball Express :-b

To read the last time I posted something like this, here u go:
http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/v ... cafe+turns

Again, I call on FBC for "High School Dating Help." Luckily, this one is a different story with a different girl who is a lot different than than the girl I used to like. Also, I think the story is better as well. There's 3 parts to it

So, here we go. Let's flashback to last year: I liked a girl who I thought may like me, but I kept passing her in hte halls withour saying anything because I was nervous. Due to this, she thought I was a stalker (don't fear - I'm not). She eventually tried to avoid me (for the two times I even saw her all day) and it was ugly. At the end of last school year, she wanted to patch things up and I was iffy about it, but went along with it.

1.) So now to 2005: First, we get along fine now - no problems. I talked to her a little earlier in the year, but things have gotten interesting since. The other day, I had to show my friend where one gets tickets to Jr. Prom twice since he needed to get a sheet signed the first day (I didn't go - more on that in a minute). Apparently, this girl sits right next to the room where "one gets the tickets". Both days, she says hi to me and starts talking to me and we have a short conversation - the second day I'm surprised she even saw me due to where she was sitting. I noted to myself that she was smiling and rather enthusiastic as well (I actually had to owe my friend getting the ticket $5 because I bet him the girl wouldn't say hi to me withing the first ten seconds I was there).

Before I go on, why didn't I go to Jr. Prom? Well, it cost a LOT of money (nearly $60 per person) and a bunch of my friends weren't going.

2.) There's more (this leads up to the kicker). I was online and she IMed me twice in two days - it's not like we really talked to each other all too much before this. The first time she IMed me, she just asked what's up and we talked for a few. The second time, she IMed me within a minute of me logging on. This time we talked more. We talked about a lot of things and I know she is single (she hates her ex). She didn't go to Prom either (she's a Soph.) and she said she just chillin' and going out to dinner with her family tonight (this happened YESTERDAY). We also talked about colleges and things like that.

3.) Here's the biggie: Apparently, her, my best friend and another guy (who is a good friend of both and already has a gf) were talking earlier this morning before class (I wasn't present). Somehow, I get brought up in this conversation. This is what my best friend tells me: She said that I told her I wasn't going to the Prom (for the reasons I stated above) and she told them she "would have gone to the Prom with me". WHY DIDN'T THIS HAPPEN TWO WEEKS AGO? Oh well.... But anyway, there's a bit of an ending to this as well. After finding out this was actually true (I asked the other guy since I though my best friend was pulling my leg), I went to just talk to my best friend after last period. As I got to his locker, the girl pops out of nowhere. I don't know if she saw me, but she (not in a real bad way) jokingly jabbed my friend in the back with a book and told him (in an anxious but not bad tone) that she knows my best friend told me about what she said earlier this morning, like it was a "secret". I did see her again a minute later (go figure) and we waved to each other (I caught her eye) as she did took a little bit nervous. One final thing; when I was walking down to my locker, her best friend was the only other one in the hallway. I don't know her so I didn't say anything to her, but she was looking down, apparently trying to hide a smirk/smile.

Alright - there you have it. What do you make of this one? Last time, JT was exactly and percisely correct in what would actually happen (kinda scary :-o ), but everyone had very good points and helped me out very much. ;-D I don't want to do anything too early or do anything I'll regreet later on. If she doesn't make a move, I may only go for it if I know 100% that she'll say yes.

P.S. One of my other friends think she's "playing me" because of what happened last year and he doesn't believe she could change her mind and "like" me since she didn't last year. While this can be some sort of possibility, I'm not really sure if he's right on this one.
Last edited by DaQ on Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: "As the Cafe Turns"...Here we go again!

Postby daullaz » Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:10 pm

DaQ wrote:If she doesn't make a move, I may only go for it if I know 100% that she'll say yes.

There's never a way to know 100% without going for it. If you like her, take a chance and see what happens. If she says no, you haven't lost anything.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby beltrans_boy » Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:50 pm

God, I don't miss high school one bit.

Take the chance. Ask her out. If she says no, she's not worth your time. Nobody's gonna make fun of you. If she says yes, you're golden.

Your down by 1, runner on first with 2 outs. Swing for the fences, bro.

;-D GOOD LUCK ;-D
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Fireball Express » Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:17 am

Dude, it's Springtime. Time to hook up. Ask her out!
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby so0perspam » Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:27 am

DaQ wrote:P.S. One of my other friends think she's "playing me" because of what happened last year and he doesn't believe she could change her mind and "like" me since she didn't last year.

I doubt this is what's going down. Go for it. ;-D
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby blankman » Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:37 am

yet again, of all places, you come here :-?
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby DaQ » Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:06 am

blankman wrote:yet again, of all places, you come here :-?

Where else am I going to go? :*) You guys are like my "panel of experts" and my friends are all knuckleheads and have no clue what they're doing. :-)
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:44 am

i will give u the same advice that i give the high school boys that work for me.......... high school is one of the best times of your life, if you like the girl ask her out,,,dont ever be scared to ask a girl out, as there is too many of them in this world to be scared of just one..... ask her out and see what she says,,,,sounds to me like she does indeed like you so go for it......
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JTWood » Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:58 am

Ok, reality check:

DaQ wrote:If Jerome even did start, I totally forgot when I set my lineup he was at.....Coors.

New York Jbombers 122.5 <-- DaQ's Team
Austin Nine 196

You're about to fall to 1-1 in the league after this week, and you openly admit that you started an average pitcher at Colorado. Pull your head out of your butt, and get it back to focusing on what's important.

Women come and go (many times, hopefully). Contract leagues are forever.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby JTWood » Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:00 am

DaQ wrote:Last time, JT was exactly and percisely correct in what would actually happen (kinda scary :-o )

WTF! Why is that scary??? I know my stuff, man. I told you this.

:-C
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Next

Return to General Talk