Robbed by three living organisms...o I love justice. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Robbed by three living organisms...o I love justice.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Robbed by three living organisms...o I love justice.

Postby davidmarver » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:40 pm

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2005/03 ... /80727.txt

On the morning of March 26th, my girlfriend and I were robbed by three hispanics at gunpoint at a beach in Carlsbad, California. They took off in a white truck, not sure what make, and I didn't get a license plate number.

Two days later, the same three reportedly robbed three other people, shooting two of them (both are fine), at the same beach. Two other robberies have since occured.

There had been no breaks at all in the investigation until tonight when my Shell Card Bill came. The idiots used my card at a gas station right near the incident 20 minutes after the robbery! My detective just contacted the station and they said they have all serveillance videos on record for the last six years and will be glad to help.

God I cannot wait for tomorrow when the detective and I search the videos and subsequently see the license plate. Justice rules!
Last edited by davidmarver on Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kingctb27 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:49 pm

Wow 8-o ........That's Awesome that you are gonna catch the S.O.B's! I hope everything works out for you ;-D
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby slomo007 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:55 pm

Better hope they didn't hide the license plates. :-o

Sorry to hear that, hopefully they are taken care of. }:-)
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby davidmarver » Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:01 am

I know the license plates weren't hidden because I remember seeing the truck from a distance but couldn't make out the exact letters or numbers, but I know they're there. (I have 20/60 so it's not exactly the best sight).

The thing I'm most worried about is the possible connection these people have to the drug industry. I mean...three hispanics robbing people...driving away in a nice truck. The truck isn't stolen because there aren't any stolen vehicles that fit the description in a five mile radius. Anyway, I can't wait for tomorrow...I'm thinking, when we find out their address, I should walk up to the front door and politely ask "Can I have my wallet back?". Then I slap them while shooting the other two in the face. Okay, I wouldn't do that, but that's what I wanna do.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Madison » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:29 am

Sorry to hear that you got robbed, but at least it looks like they are going to get the guys! ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby DieHardCubbie » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:23 am

Best wishes dave....hopefully everything will work out fine... ;-D
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:33 am

sorry to hear about the robbery,,,but hopefully they will be caught and justice served......
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:52 am

make sure you keep us up to date on this.

scary stuff. :-o
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JTWood » Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:41 pm

Man, that's a crazy story.

Definitely keep us informed. This is true reality "TV" right here. I'll come back to watch this.

Good luck!

;-D
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby davidmarver » Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:17 pm

Just talked to the detective. Tomorrow we're going down to get the serveillance video to identify the license plate. From there they say it's pretty much an open and shut case, although most likely the charges pressed won't be from my robbery (most likely from the shooting). Anyway, i'm hopeful this'll be solved soon. I want my wallet back.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to General Talk