Vazquez.. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Vazquez..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Vazquez..

Postby go_jays_go » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:14 pm

Got lit up again. I'm losing faith with this guy, I though he would be good, and he was doing well..but then he continously gets lit up. Should I unload this guy or be patient. I know I should be patient but hes killin my ERA and WHIP. Anyone else experiencing this problem? :-/
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Nemo » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:42 pm

My patience is running thin as well. Maybe if I drop him he'll start pitching well for the rest of you guys!
Nemo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:42 pm

Shocker. Only an 11.8 ERA.

But remember now, his velocity is up...he is tipping his pitches which is easily correctable...there is reason to be optimistic....yada yada yada.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby LBJackal » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:50 pm

He does so well... then blows up in one inning. Seriously, 8 K's and 1 BB is very good, and he should not be giving up this many runs with command and dominance like that; it doesn't happen. It won't happen over the longrun. Either he'll lower that K/BB significantly, or he'll stop allowing so many damn hits. Seeing as though K's and BB's are the two stats a pitcher directly control with no luck or dependance on outside factors, I'd say the K/BB is less likely to change then his BAA which is very abnormally high.

It's hard to stay with a pitcher after allowing so many ER in 3 straight games, but honestly, his stat lines look pretty damn good for a guy with an 11+ ERA. Hell they look good for a pitcher with a 4+ ERA. Alright well I'm gonna go make some trade offers. Let's see how cheap I can get him.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Pedantic » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:53 pm

I wouldn't deal him or drop him right now. This is the nadir of his value, so I don't think that now is the time to do anything with him. Just be patient and don't start him.
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby quicksilver8 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:53 pm

I'm old school hatin' Vazquez guy...so I'll stick to my guns...
I don't like him to even come close to his expo glory days...
Definite bench material and waiver material if there is someone better available.
quicksilver8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby GSes » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:24 pm

quicksilver8 wrote:I'm old school hatin' Vazquez guy...so I'll stick to my guns...
I don't like him to even come close to his expo glory days...
Definite bench material and waiver material if there is someone better available.

you must be joking

HELLO???????????

17 K/4BB

that is Vaz's K/bb ratio

17/4
17/4
17/4

17/4 might be the BEST K/BB ratio as of right now in the ENTIRE major leagues. (exception of Willis and Beckett).

In 2003 vaz had 58K/5BB in April and ended up something like 240K/55BB

Right now Vaz has 17K/4BB and that my friends is one HELL of a K/bb ratio.

There is no way that a guy with that kind of ratio can keep an ERA of over 10 going, let alone an ERA over 5.

You can't strike 200 guys out or have a K/BB ratio of of 4/1 like vaz has, and keep an ERA over 5.

not possible

show me one guy in history who had a K/bb ratio that good and had an ERA over 4.50????????????????? find one with an ERA over 4. its gonna be hard.

Vazquez might be giving up a lot of runs right now, but he is looking real good otherwise.

Dropping vaz? that would be ridiculus

and don't trade him, no1 is gonna give u fair value.

I hate to compare Vazquez to Santana but I have to in this case.

Last season Santana was downright horrible in April and May, and a lot of people on here said Drop him or trade him. I said NO, you DO NOT trade or drop a guy who has the stuff Santana has and above all else In april and may santan's K/BB ratio was 54/19.

I said there is no way santana keeps an ERA over 5 with those kind of ratios, its a fluke, he is pitching fine.

then what happen?

santana went off like no1 could have imagined.

Im not saying Vazquez is as good as Santana (although just 1 season ago, he was being taken ahead of santana in drafts)

im not saying vazquez is gonna go 20-0 with an ERA below 2 for the rest of the year.

I am simply saying that Vazquez K/BB ratio is reminding me a lot of his 2003 year 241/57

Vazquez is going to get going, he already has the strikeouts going, he might lead the majors in K's, I'm not sure.

Vazquez is going to strike out over 200 batters this year just like he did in 2003 and 2001. With that kind of dominance you can not have an ERA worse then 4.

dropping vazquez would not be a smart move at all. you will regret ur decision. He is slowly but surely coming around.

wait and see
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:29 pm

Well. we now know who wrote the Rotowire article....

Seriously, get your head out of a stat like Ks and look at a stat like runs allowed. He has been gettting lit up since mid 04. Who cares if he Ks a few in between hanging meatballs?
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby LBJackal » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:30 pm

Speaking of ratios... that post has the lowest words per paragraph ratio that I've ever seen :-b

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby RynMan » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:33 pm

Ive been trying to trade for him for the past week, and will try again now. I wont give anything more than an expendible player though.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers