BELTRE - ARGH!!!!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

BELTRE - ARGH!!!!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

BELTRE - ARGH!!!!!!

Postby jayman » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:31 pm

Seattle third baseman adrian beltre left the game in the fourth inning with tightness in his lower back. :~( :~( :~(
Last edited by jayman on Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AcidRock23 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:37 pm

+1 to the ARRRRGH!!!
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby bleach168 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:42 pm

Funny how the guy played through incredible pain last year but leaves today's game with back stiffness.

I wonder why. :-b
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby bd3521 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:44 pm

$$,$$$,$$$ ... that it?
[url]http://www.footballguys.com/05vbdrevisited.htm[/url]
bd3521
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:48 pm

bleach168 wrote:Funny how the guy played through incredible pain last year but leaves today's game with back stiffness.

I wonder why. :-b

well, why would he play through so many injuries prior to his contract yr too? :-?

Hope he's alright. :-o
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LBJackal » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:54 pm

Because prior to his contract year he made a total of $14M over 7 years. Now he's making $64M over 5 years. Just a TINY little bit of a raise. I know that if my boss gave me that much money and said I could take as many sick days as I needed I'd be on the couch the second I felt something in my back. The Mariners had a 5 run lead at the time so it's not like it was THAT important, but unless it was serious you'd expect him to play through it usually. Then again... it's the Royals.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:02 pm

LBJackal wrote:Because prior to his contract year he made a total of $14M over 7 years. Now he's making $64M over 5 years. Just a TINY little bit of a raise. I know that if my boss gave me that much money and said I could take as many sick days as I needed I'd be on the couch the second I felt something in my back. The Mariners had a 5 run lead at the time so it's not like it was THAT important, but unless it was serious you'd expect him to play through it usually. Then again... it's the Royals.

Wow I couldn't disagree more.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Irish » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:14 pm

Beltre will go down as a one year wonder...
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby LBJackal » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:18 pm

Yoda wrote:
LBJackal wrote:Because prior to his contract year he made a total of $14M over 7 years. Now he's making $64M over 5 years. Just a TINY little bit of a raise. I know that if my boss gave me that much money and said I could take as many sick days as I needed I'd be on the couch the second I felt something in my back. The Mariners had a 5 run lead at the time so it's not like it was THAT important, but unless it was serious you'd expect him to play through it usually. Then again... it's the Royals.

Huh? I didn't really make a statement, I was just saying that if I made that much I'd take a day off if my back hurt. I don't know how you couldn't disagree more with that, it's not like I'm blaming Beltre for becoming Juan Gone. You act like it's such a shocking statement I made :-b

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:20 pm

LBJackal wrote:
Yoda wrote:

Huh? I didn't really make a statement, I was just saying that if I made that much I'd take a day off if my back hurt. I don't know how you couldn't disagree more with that, it's not like I'm blaming Beltre for becoming Juan Gone. You act like it's such a shocking statement I made :-b

I was wondering about that too. What do you disagree with - that LBJ would slack if he made more money, that there was a 5 run lead at the time, or that it was against the Royals? :-?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers