Ballparks on Google Maps - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Ballparks on Google Maps

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby DieHardCubbie » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:44 pm

Pretty cool find ironman... ;-D
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Nomar4prez » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:34 pm

Question to Yankee fans:

Where do you guys park? Is it like Fenway trying to find a parking spot on game day?
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:42 pm

Nomar4prez wrote:Question to Yankee fans:

Where do you guys park? Is it like Fenway trying to find a parking spot on game day?

I only went to 1 game at Fenway and I was able to just walk from my brother's apartment so I don't know about Fenway. I will say that getting to Yankee Stadium is awful. The distance isn't that bad but there is usually a ton of traffic going over the George Washington Bridge. Once over that, it's not too bad until you get near the stadium. Not many big parking lots. Just a lot of guys with driveways for $10 a car. Last time, I was so pissed because of the heat, traffic, etc. that I made what could have been a terrible mistake. I drove around for a while and some guy waved me over. He seemed to have legit stubs but he had a driveway that they basically parked the cars in single file and gave you a stub. Mind you, I had just gotten a new (used) car and just put about $1,500 of stereo equipment in there. I gave him the keys ( :-o ) and went into the game. As I went in, I wondered if I had just given this guy the easiest car theft of his life. As it worked out, he was there and the car was fine. Right outside the stadium, too. ;-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby ensanimal » Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:40 am

i don't remember the parking situation for fenway, it's been a few years since i've been.

but i had heard about parking problems for yankee stadium, so we just took the subway there when i went 2 yrs ago. i could not imagine what it would be like to drive to a game there. i hated traffic and parking for some games in montreal. 8-o :-b
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 96)

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:52 am

ensanimal wrote:

i don't remember the parking situation for fenway, it's been a few years since i've been.

but i had heard about parking problems for yankee stadium, so we just took the subway there when i went 2 yrs ago. i could not imagine what it would be like to drive to a game there. i hated traffic and parking for some games in montreal. 8-o :-b

I thought that they just gave you your own lot in Montreal. ;-7

I tried the train into Penn Station and then subway but that's not too easy, either. Plus, there are so many people doing the same thing and those things only hold so many people. That and you usually want to go in when people are riding home from work. :-o
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby ensanimal » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:08 am

Lofunzo wrote: I thought that they just gave you your own lot in Montreal. ;-7

only if it wasn't the season opener, or the final game. in between those, i think some of the player spots were available for vip fans parking. ;-7
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 96)

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:13 am

ensanimal wrote:
Lofunzo wrote: I thought that they just gave you your own lot in Montreal. ;-7

only if it wasn't the season opener, or the final game. in between those, i think some of the player spots were available for vip fans parking. ;-7

Now that is funny stuff. ;-D
Lofunzo

Postby Madison » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:38 am

Cool photos! Thanks! :-) ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby DieHardCubbie » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:27 am

Lofunzo wrote: I drove around for a while and some guy waved me over. He seemed to have legit stubs but he had a driveway that they basically parked the cars in single file and gave you a stub. Mind you, I had just gotten a new (used) car and just put about $1,500 of stereo equipment in there. I gave him the keys ( :-o ) and went into the game.

In New York City....you gave a total stranger the keys to your new (used) car.... 8-o

The baseball gods must have been smiling on you that day... :-°
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:34 am

DieHardCubbie wrote:
Lofunzo wrote: I drove around for a while and some guy waved me over. He seemed to have legit stubs but he had a driveway that they basically parked the cars in single file and gave you a stub. Mind you, I had just gotten a new (used) car and just put about $1,500 of stereo equipment in there. I gave him the keys ( :-o ) and went into the game.

In New York City....you gave a total stranger the keys to your new (used) car.... 8-o

The baseball gods must have been smiling on you that day... :-°

They must have. I swear that I didn't even think about it until I was walking into the stadium. I was too pumped up. The guy had other cars and legit looking stubs but they could have been fake. I got lucky. :-o
Lofunzo

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk