Wade Miller and his immediate future. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Wade Miller and his immediate future.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Wade Miller and his immediate future.

Postby MashinSpuds » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:22 pm

Alright, most everyone agrees that Wade Miller is a great guy to have stashed in your DL slot. I just read recently, however, that after a few more rehab starts he'll be back in early May. This probably complicates a few people's rosters, for if you take a step back and look, Miller doesn't have a guaranteed spot yet!

It'd be one thing if Wells was already complaining about his back, or if Arroyo or Wakefield stunk it up early, but none of that has happened. So my question is, what is the likelihood Miller gets a starting slot any time soon? Think Francona might spot start Miller here and there, but w/o regularity? I'm thinking strictly bullpen... perhaps for a long while.

In all honesty, I kinda wish Miller waited to come back in June. Then maybe the decision would be easier...
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 109)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:23 pm

I personally think Wakefield will be moved to the bullpen..but perhaps some Boston homers can enlighten us about the latest. :-?
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby agchris02 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:48 pm

NOT a boston fan at all, but at the begining of the season it was Arroyo who was considered to be in his spot, and is the canidate who will have to prove something to not go to the pen. That said, if Wakefield is doing poorly at the time, it could be him as wel (USA Today) --

So, if Miller came back today, Arroyo would go down

In a month more, if Arroyo is rockin and Wakefield struggling, it will be Wakefield.

If youre asking for a bet, Id say Arroyo goes down, I think it makes more sense to have him in MR than wakefield.
Jackalope
agchris02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Shakes » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:57 pm

rumor on the mills is arroyo takes the pen and miller gets the starts. If i was a betting man i would bet this too. However arroyo is my favorite pitcher and it would be way way smarter to have wake in the pen cause if a start goes south for someone wake can eat innings better then anyone else the bosox got right now (halama makes me :~( :-o )

So i think in terry does the smart thing wake in pen. However i banking arroyo in the pen since its wake's last year.
however...
All indications early on is that miller is there to start and not throw from the pen. Which is why he is stashed on the DL for me ;-D
I'm a better lover when your drunk.
Shakes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Melo255 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:20 pm

Don't worry Miller has a guaranteed spot. I think everybody realizes that Miller should and will be the real #2 guy in the rotation when he comes back. While I would personally prefer Arroyo to stay as the #5 guy and see Wake go to the pen I HIGHLY doubt that's the way it will go. I very much believe that Arroyo will go to the pen and be very valuable with long relief. Starting next year though I believe Arroyo will have a set spot in the rotation. I think Wakefield will stay in Boston but I think they will offer him a spot in the bullpen not a starting spot.
Melo255
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RAmst23 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:22 pm

If you still have Miller on your DL, just let him sit there until closer to his MLB time and then worry about it. I'm guessing he has a spot reserved for him on Boston's roster ;-D
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:44 pm

I have it from good sources that for his immediate future, Miller is going to get a good night's sleep tonight.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BritSox » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:46 pm

I think Arroyo is the better pitcher, but with Wake being caught by Belli, it doesn't make sense to have him in the pen.
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Return to Baseball Leftovers