King Felix impresses again! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

King Felix impresses again!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

King Felix impresses again!

Postby xeifrank » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:34 pm

Let the waiver wire jockeying position begin!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/st ... 4707c.html

SACRAMENTO – The Tacoma Rainiers scored four runs in support of five shutout innings from Felix Hernandez in a 4-0 Pacific Coast League victory over the Sacramento River Cats on Wednesday night in front of a crowd of 7,356.

Unlike Hernandez’s debut – a losing effort last week in which he received little run support – the Tacoma offense banged out 10 hits to back the 19-year-old star-in-waiting

It was the first victory for the Rainiers’ (4-3) over the River Cats (5-2) in the four-game set at Raley Field, which concludes today at 12:35 p.m.

Before the game, Tacoma manager Dan Rohn said Sacramento would be a good test for his young pitcher.

Hernandez responded by striking out five and scattering five hits and three walks on 88 pitches, pitching out of situations with a runner on third base in the fourth and fifth innings.

Hernandez continued to pitch hard late into his outing, reaching 95 mph with his fastball on his 85th pitch. Rohn said he would be careful with his young arm at this point in the season, hoping to limit Hernandez’s pitch count to 80 to 85 pitches.

“We’re protecting him,” Rohn said. “I expect him to get better and better each time out.”

Right fielder Dustin Delluchi drove in the first run of the game with a hard line-drive single that hit off the glove of first baseman Dan Johnson. Delluchi, who was 2-for-4 with a run and an RBI, has now hit safely in four consecutive games.

Wiki Gonzalez, who reached after being hit by a pitch to start the eighth inning, scored on an RBI single by Shin-Soo Choo that extended Tacoma’s lead to 3-0. Choo, another of the Mariners’ top prospects, led off the fourth with a solo home run – his first of the season. He finished 2-for-4, with two runs scored and two RBI.

The Rainiers picked up their fourth run in the ninth on Gonzalez’s ground-ball out, scoring Delluchi.

Hernandez was removed after walking two consecutive batters in the sixth, but reliever Chris Buglovsky quickly got three consecutive outs to end the inning.

Sacramento starter Seth Etherton took the loss.
Author of: 2013 Mock Draft Software
Author of: Dodger Sims
Author of: The Sober Angels
Author of: Xei On Sports
xeifrank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby perlick29 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:47 pm

what's even more shocking is that in his last start he was outdueled by foppert and the Giants STILL wont let him pitch in the rotation. Cryin frickin shame. Especially for me since I refuse to drop him.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LBJackal » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:55 pm

Eventually SF will have to take Rueter out of the rotation. The fact that he's a wiley vet is great, but it loses some of it's flare when he posts back to back 4.5+ ERA seasons with no signs of turning it around.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby hybrid » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:12 pm

Yep, Felix is pretty damn good ;-D

As for Foppert, his 2nd start didn't fair as well
3.2IP 6H 3ER 3BB 1K

And if ya want Felix's stats you know where to look ;-)
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Darkie Satchels » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:17 pm

I've been watching this kid as well. I've been watching the wire for his debut, but it won't happen (of course) until he gets the nod. Which, let's face it, is any day now with San Fran's rotation.

Great indie Music Website: http://www.pensatos.com
Darkie Satchels
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby tiger spit » Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:09 pm

Darkie Satchels wrote:I've been watching this kid as well. I've been watching the wire for his debut, but it won't happen (of course) until he gets the nod. Which, let's face it, is any day now with San Fran's rotation.

he's on SEA not SF
tiger spit
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby benjapage » Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:11 pm

foppert's on sf. i think he was talking about foppert. both will be pretty badass.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Return to Baseball Leftovers