BBM Round 1 - Field of Dreams vs. A League of Their Own - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

BBM Round 1 - Field of Dreams vs. A League of Their Own

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Field of Dreams or A League of Their Own

Poll ended at Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:57 pm

Field of Dreams
79%
A League of Their Own
21%

Total votes : 33

Postby Madison » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:17 am

Pacman wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:If it makes you feel any better, a friend of mine always cries at the end of Ghost. :-o

Digress totally here (sorry), but Demi Moore looked so unbelievably good in Ghost. I don't know if it was the short hair, or that it was before she got Courtney-Cox-thin (yuck) -- but she was sooooo hot in Ghost (Indecent Proposal was about the same period, she looked amazing in that film too). Demi does NOTHING for me now.

Demi looked really good to me in Disclosure. Completely stunning. Wowza! :-L

Back to the topic at hand, this was the only first round matchup that I didn't know where I would wind up voting. Tonight, I'm in a comedy mood, so I went with A League of Their Own. Both are fantastic movies though. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GiantFan666 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:27 am

had to vote for Field of Dreams if for no other reason than the amazing monologue Darth Vader does at the end of the movie ;-D
GiantFan666
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby reznorsboy » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:44 am

Mookie4ever wrote:"If you build it they will come"

Field of Dreams - great movie, better book called "Shoeless Joe" by a great Canadian WP Kinsella. ;-D ;-D

I think the "Great" is implied when you say Canadian

Field for sure ;-D
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby prodpaul » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:43 am

raiders_umpire wrote:Field of Dreams easily here

Ditto

Tetelestai
prodpaul
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby ironman » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:35 am

Back in college we went on a drunken road trip through Dubuque County, IA on the gravel roads. We wound up at the Field of Dreams. Maybe it was just the 12 Busch Lights I had, but I wasn't that impressed with it. Its a ball diamond surrounded by corn. I guess when you grow up in a state surrounded by corn it doesn't seem like a big deal.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 97)

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:39 am

ironman wrote:Back in college we went on a drunken road trip through Dubuque County, IA on the gravel roads. We wound up at the Field of Dreams. Maybe it was just the 12 Busch Lights I had, but I wasn't that impressed with it. Its a ball diamond surrounded by corn. I guess when you grow up in a state surrounded by corn it doesn't seem like a big deal.

For me, I would be more concerned with the fact that you were drinking Busch Light. :-o Since you were in college, I'll give you a pass, though. I lived on The Beast throughout college at $4.99 a case. :-°
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby ironman » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:51 am

Lofunzo wrote:
ironman wrote:Back in college we went on a drunken road trip through Dubuque County, IA on the gravel roads. We wound up at the Field of Dreams. Maybe it was just the 12 Busch Lights I had, but I wasn't that impressed with it. Its a ball diamond surrounded by corn. I guess when you grow up in a state surrounded by corn it doesn't seem like a big deal.

For me, I would be more concerned with the fact that you were drinking Busch Light. :-o Since you were in college, I'll give you a pass, though. I lived on The Beast throughout college at $4.99 a case. :-°

I never really got into the Beast. Busch Light was pretty much the status quo at my college. If money was really tight you'd get the Natty Light. And when it came to kegs, it didn't get any better than Keystone Light for a whopping $35 a keg!
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 97)

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:00 am

ironman wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

I never really got into the Beast. Busch Light was pretty much the status quo at my college. If money was really tight you'd get the Natty Light. And when it came to kegs, it didn't get any better than Keystone Light for a whopping $35 a keg!

Natty Light. It's amazing how the names are the same when the location isn't. Keystone is better than Natty Light but you could get 2 of the latter for that price. I remember pulling on a keg for a week. :-P

And why were you so concerned with getting light beers in college?? Poor choice. :-t :-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:59 am

Absolutely Adequate wrote:Man, I hate Field of Dreams. It always just seemed like cliches wrapped up in a sentimental story. It seems so... obvious. I'd vote for any movie above Field of Dreams.

Does anyone else see AA as a bitter old man trying to return soup at a deli? :-b
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby GiantFan666 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:26 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Absolutely Adequate wrote:Man, I hate Field of Dreams. It always just seemed like cliches wrapped up in a sentimental story. It seems so... obvious. I'd vote for any movie above Field of Dreams.

Does anyone else see AA as a bitter old man trying to return soup at a deli? :-b

The sea was angry that day, like AA trying to return soup at a deli
hmmmm :-?
GiantFan666
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk