Major league baseball should contract... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Major league baseball should contract...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby tms298 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:45 pm

Sorry. I just started this thread because I was getting sick of seeing them being on TV all the time.
tms298
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:50 pm

tms298 wrote:Sorry. I just started this thread because I was getting sick of seeing them being on TV all the time.

Then why didn't you just respond to 1 of the 25 other threads on the subject?? :-°
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby cmchampa2 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:19 am

Lofunzo wrote:
tms298 wrote:Sorry. I just started this thread because I was getting sick of seeing them being on TV all the time.

Then why didn't you just respond to 1 of the 25 other threads on the subject?? :-°

Maybe because he (naively) thought Yankee and Sox fans could handle the joke. This is the problem... those fans can't handle it. They think they're part of the team. They can't be wrong, they refuse to finish in 2nd. If the Yankees or the Sox finish in 3rd or worse, the fan base wouldn't know what to do with their time and anger. It's become an obsession for these people. Isn't there a movie coming out about this? When are fans gonna realize it's not about them any more? The players and owners don't like anything about you outside of your wallet.
I'm not just the president of the Cornbread Maxwell Fan Club, I'm also the only member.
cmchampa2
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:25 am

cmchampa2 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

Maybe because he (naively) thought Yankee and Sox fans could handle the joke. This is the problem... those fans can't handle it. They think they're part of the team. They can't be wrong, they refuse to finish in 2nd. If the Yankees or the Sox finish in 3rd or worse, the fan base wouldn't know what to do with their time and anger. It's become an obsession for these people. Isn't there a movie coming out about this? When are fans gonna realize it's not about them any more? The players and owners don't like anything about you outside of your wallet.

That's not fair at all. I personally love that an owner will do whatever he feels necessary within the rules to try to win. The Yankees have been very successful for a decade. I didn't hear things like this when they were terrible for many years. Just because Yankee fans are used to winning doesn't make them bad people. If someone is used to their mother packing their lunch for school everyday, they might be a bit alarmed if they wake up to find no lunch waiting for them. Same thing. It should also be noted that the minimum age here is 13. That means that it is possible that our youngest Yankee fans were around 2-3 years old when the Yankees last stunk, give or take. If the Yankees were great for basically all of my life that I can remember, I might be a bit spoiled as well. ;-)
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Pacman » Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:38 am

I propose a NEW forum be created called: 'Red Sox Suck', 'Yankees Suck', 'Red Sox AND Yankees Suck' Forum, where everybody who thinks they have something new and interesting to say on how horrid and evil these two teams are - can hang out and post to their hearts content.

And the rest of us can stay as far away from that forum as possible.

Can I get an AMEN?
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby BritSox » Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:48 am

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEN Bro!
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:53 am

Pacman wrote:I propose a NEW forum be created called: 'Red Sox Suck', 'Yankees Suck', 'Red Sox AND Yankees Suck' Forum, where everybody who thinks they have something new and interesting to say on how horrid and evil these two teams are - can hang out and post to their hearts content.

Can I get an AMEN?

AMEN :-o
Lofunzo

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:00 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Pacman wrote:I propose a NEW forum be created called: 'Red Sox Suck', 'Yankees Suck', 'Red Sox AND Yankees Suck' Forum, where everybody who thinks they have something new and interesting to say on how horrid and evil these two teams are - can hang out and post to their hearts content.

Can I get an AMEN?

AMEN :-o

I really havent read much of these threads whatsoever, so it was out of the ordinary for me to poke in and see whats being said in this one, but apparantly I checked in at the right time. This is one of the best ideas Ive heard in a long time. ;-D
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ramble2 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:07 pm

Can I get an AMEN?

AMEN BROTHER!
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)

Postby ramble2 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:13 pm

donny23 wrote:I've heard enough about the Yankees and Red Sox ruining baseball. The players union has ruined baseball plain and simple. If not for the player's union, there would be a cap. Until then, teams will spend what they need to legally to win. George runs a business and enjoys winning. he's supposed to spend less to help the sport? Why is it his resposibility to help the sport? If the Yankees spent $80 million, would it change the fact that other teams are spening over $100 million and some are spending $40 million? The Yanks and Sox don't make the rules. They don't set the TV scheduling and they DO have the best rivalry in North American Sports today. I understand the people upset about how much exposure is given to these two teams and the rivalry, but this is the decision of the networks. Major league baseball is run by greed and Steinbrenner's greed is the least of the problems. The greed of the networks and players union (no salary cap) are the bigger problems. Let's start multiple threads with mutliple pages of posting on that subject and talk about the REAL issue here.

If I was in the MLBPA I would vote against a salary cap in a heartbeat. Given the way the owners and MLB have run baseball, there is NO way I'd trust them to distribute a fair amount of revenue back into player salaries. The problem with salary caps is that they cap salaries, not owner profits. It's not greed that motivates opposition to salary caps, it's a sense of getting fair compensation for generating an insane amount of revenue.

CubsFan7724 wrote:Anyone else notice the only people who don't want a cap are usually Red Sox or Yankee fans? Wonder why? And Brit, I don't remember saying one word about the Cubs being a small market team. They are probably the 3rd largests, after New York and LA.

I don't want a cap, and I'm an A's fan.
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers