AL CY Young - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

AL CY Young

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Twinskies » Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:16 pm

I think at this point it's Halladay's to lose. Santana might not have had the best first half, but I would look for him to make a major push after the all star break (sound familiar?) and make a decent race out of it.
This field, this game, it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh people will come Ray, people will most definitely come.
Twinskies
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 313
Joined: 15 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Under the Golden Dome

Postby HOOTIE » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:28 am

TheRawDAWG wrote:Well now we are at the half way mark and it looks to me like Halladay is taking it and hiding from the rest of the pack. Colon and Garland are probably the next best candidates and Halladay's numbers crush them.


Halladay isn't crushing Buehrle. In fact, Mark has a good a case for cy as Roy.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Posts: 15115
(Past Year: 297)
Joined: 12 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby beltrans_boy » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:58 am

HOOTIE wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:Well now we are at the half way mark and it looks to me like Halladay is taking it and hiding from the rest of the pack. Colon and Garland are probably the next best candidates and Halladay's numbers crush them.


Halladay isn't crushing Buehrle. In fact, Mark has a good a case for cy as Roy.


Buehrle is my choice. Halladay's been good, but Buehrle has just been that much better...

;-D
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3092
Joined: 15 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: crusing down the street in my six-fo'

Postby mweir145 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:09 am

beltrans_boy wrote:
HOOTIE wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:Well now we are at the half way mark and it looks to me like Halladay is taking it and hiding from the rest of the pack. Colon and Garland are probably the next best candidates and Halladay's numbers crush them.


Halladay isn't crushing Buehrle. In fact, Mark has a good a case for cy as Roy.


Buehrle is my choice. Halladay's been good, but Buehrle has just been that much better...

;-D


I emphatically disagree with this statement.

First of all, Mark Buehrle blew up today allowing 14 hits, 7 runs (4 earned) with only 3 strikeouts for the loss, and this was agaisnt a presumably weak hitting team in the Oakland A's.

He pushed his era up to 2.58, and his record now stands at 10-2.
His whip is now 1.11 with 88 ks.

In comparence with Roy Halladay, every single one of those stats is much worse with the exception of win percentage.

Halladay's era now stands at 2.33, with a record of 12-4. His whip is a crazy .94, with 104 ks.

At mid-season right now, there should be no question as to who is the 1st half Cy Young winner.

The answer: Roy Halladay.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Postby revenge_of_the_cards » Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:15 am

johan santanta is up there too. if he kept his era down, hed be the guy
Image
revenge_of_the_cards
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 150
Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:19 am

revenge_of_the_cards wrote:johan santanta is up there too. if he kept his era down, hed be the guy


Yeah, if he kept his ERA down over an entire point. ;-7 He's no where near Halladay or Buehrle at this point.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:20 am

blankman wrote:
revenge_of_the_cards wrote:johan santanta is up there too. if he kept his era down, hed be the guy


Yeah, if he kept his ERA down over an entire point. ;-7 He's no where near Halladay or Buehrle at this point.


exactly. Sleeper for the 2nd half though.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Postby go_jays_go » Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:32 am

Halladay.

Hands down.

Without a doubt. IMO.
Image
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 10462
Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto, Canada

Postby HOOTIE » Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:41 am

mweir145 wrote:
beltrans_boy wrote:
HOOTIE wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:Well now we are at the half way mark and it looks to me like Halladay is taking it and hiding from the rest of the pack. Colon and Garland are probably the next best candidates and Halladay's numbers crush them.


Halladay isn't crushing Buehrle. In fact, Mark has a good a case for cy as Roy.


Buehrle is my choice. Halladay's been good, but Buehrle has just been that much better...

;-D


I emphatically disagree with this statement.

First of all, Mark Buehrle blew up today allowing 14 hits, 7 runs (4 earned) with only 3 strikeouts for the loss, and this was agaisnt a presumably weak hitting team in the Oakland A's.

He pushed his era up to 2.58, and his record now stands at 10-2.
His whip is now 1.11 with 88 ks.

In comparence with Roy Halladay, every single one of those stats is much worse with the exception of win percentage.

Halladay's era now stands at 2.33, with a record of 12-4. His whip is a crazy .94, with 104 ks.

At mid-season right now, there should be no question as to who is the 1st half Cy Young winner.

The answer: Roy Halladay.



A 2.58 era is MUCH worse then 2.33? They were about even in era before today's games. Mark gave up 4 to Roy's 1. You are talking 3 runs in 3 months. 104 K's versus 88 is MUCH worse?

The one poster said Halladay crushes everyone. Simply not true. Roy might have a slight edge after today, but Mark is still close.

Both have 13 QS, with Mark having 1 less game. Mark was ahead in Win Shares before today. They are likely tied, or Roy ahead by 1 after today. Roy has a slight edge in VORP. The DIPS era are about even.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Posts: 15115
(Past Year: 297)
Joined: 12 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Madison » Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:57 am

Chan Ho Park has 8 wins :-B . He gets my vote! ;-D

:-D

Kidding, just kidding guys. :-b

It's 7 more wins than I thought he'd get this year though. :*)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: scarnicease and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Aug. 29
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Minnesota at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Boston at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Miami at Atlanta
(7:35 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Texas at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Chi Cubs at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Colorado at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Oakland at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Diego
(10:10 pm)
Washington at Seattle
(10:10 pm)
Milwaukee at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact