LeCroy - more playing time at catcher? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

LeCroy - more playing time at catcher?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

LeCroy - more playing time at catcher?

Postby NY1b23 » Tue May 13, 2003 11:57 am

LeCroy is a suggested add according to one of ESPN's experts - he's catcher-eligible in ESPN leagues, I guess. In Yahoo, he's a DH only. He's played 4 games as a C, one of which was last night. Anyone know how often he'll be catching so we can tell how long it will take to get to the # of games required for him to be catcher-eligible in Yahoo? Twins fans, what's the deal with this?
NY1b23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Tue May 13, 2003 12:06 pm

I am not sure about this, but my understanding is that Yahoo qualifies guys from what they played last year. They have to have played 15 games to qualify at a certian position. I don't think they update to new positions for a player in mid-season. If they do update LeCroy to catcher, that would be a no-brainer for me to grab him since my league makes you have two catchers each.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby NY1b23 » Tue May 13, 2003 12:19 pm

I am positive that Yahoo updates during the season....they will never remove eligibility from what they guy has during preseason, but they will add when he reaches a minimum during the year (15 or 20 games?)....
NY1b23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TheRock » Tue May 13, 2003 12:20 pm

Yes, Yahoo will update a player's eligibility throughout the season. So, by September or so LeCroy should be catcher eligible. :-? I can hardly wait.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 8)

Postby NY1b23 » Tue May 13, 2003 12:38 pm

Alright, that was very helpful. Yes, I understand that it would take him a while to get to Yahoo's minimum if he's only played 4 by now. I'm asking if his amount of playing time at catcher will increase? Anyone with constructive info?
NY1b23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Guest » Tue May 13, 2003 12:59 pm

Well does anyone have the Twin's manager's phone and/or email so that we can all send him requests for more catching time for LeCroy. I am sure that once he understands how it'll help us fantasy players, he'll adjust his managing just so. :-D

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby sinicalypse » Tue May 13, 2003 6:49 pm

Anonymous wrote:I am not sure about this, but my understanding is that Yahoo qualifies guys from what they played last year. They have to have played 15 games to qualify at a certian position. I don't think they update to new positions for a player in mid-season. If they do update LeCroy to catcher, that would be a no-brainer for me to grab him since my league makes you have two catchers each.

i don't think that last year's positions are entirely true for yahoo... i'd love josh phelps to be my catcher, but unfortunately it doesn't really seem possible.

i'm not sure how eligibility at a position works. i think they just make some educated guesses and stick with them. for example, pujols was a 3B only in 2001, but wasn't really a 1B/3B/LF until last season.
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Return to Baseball Leftovers