Anyone else giving up on Preston Wilson? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Anyone else giving up on Preston Wilson?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mcmahojl » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:26 am

slomo007 wrote:
mcmahojl wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
mcmahojl wrote:I gave up on this guy long ago. He really played over his head with 120+ RBI's. He isnt that good, and he strikes out way too much. Dont hold your breath for another season like that.

I agree with you...he's not that good...but he has to be a LOT better than anyone else on the FA list in a 20 team league.

Actually, I wouldnt even play him in the 20 team league...and if there isnt anyone good on the waiver, I would not pick anyone up either....he is only going to hurt all of your ratio stats. And the contribution that he will give to the cumulative stats will not be that great.

Have you ever seen the FA lists in 20 team leagues? :-°

Funny. :-)
"I live for this game. If baseballs went well with eggs, Id eat them for breakfast..."
mcmahojl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stumpak » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:40 am

Drop Quinlan or Swisher. Why would anyone drop him when he hasn't even played a home game yet?
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Randy Watson » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:55 am

I don't think its a 20 team league. The original poster referred to a 20 man team.

IMO, it's pretty early to be giving up on Wilson and, unless its a keeper, I would dump Swisher or Quinlan to pick him up.
"Girl, you look so good, someone ought to put you on a plate and sop you up with a biscuit!"
Randy Watson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby slomo007 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:56 am

Randy Watson wrote:I don't think its a 20 team league. The original poster referred to a 20 man team.

IMO, it's pretty early to be giving up on Wilson and, unless its a keeper, I would dump Swisher or Quinlan to pick him up.

Very good catch...sorry, I misread. Guess it's too early for the baseball leftovers forum for me...I'll head back to the General Talk forum...you can screw up as much as you want in there and it doesn't matter. :-D
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby BuckeyeSal » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:15 am

Hold on to him. He had 140 RBI's two years ago. He was hurt last year. He's worth a spot on your bench at the very least. I still believe that he'll break the 100RBI barrier and as everyone knows no one that has over 500 AB's for Colorado in a year has hit under .270 so he's not going hurt you that bad in other areas.
BuckeyeSal
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mcmahojl » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:35 am

BuckeyeSal wrote:Hold on to him. He had 140 RBI's two years ago. He was hurt last year. He's worth a spot on your bench at the very least. I still believe that he'll break the 100RBI barrier and as everyone knows no one that has over 500 AB's for Colorado in a year has hit under .270 so he's not going hurt you that bad in other areas.

I disagree. Preston Wilson, especially a year coming off of an injury, will not hit .270, and even if he does, you are looking down the barrell of a lot of 0 for 4's. On top of that, he had 140 RBI's once, and that was when Colorado had guys on their team that knew how to get on first base.

.260 average + one guy in your lineup that is a true hitter = wasted spot on your fantasy roster.
"I live for this game. If baseballs went well with eggs, Id eat them for breakfast..."
mcmahojl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BuckeyeSal » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:41 am

I guess it depends on the league your in. I'm in a 10 man experienced league(10 years+) To cut Preston Wilson right now would be laughed at. Who on the waiver wire is this great hitter than can hit over 275 and drive in over 100? Let me know and I'll pick him up
BuckeyeSal
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mcmahojl » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:28 pm

BuckeyeSal wrote:I guess it depends on the league your in. I'm in a 10 man experienced league(10 years+) To cut Preston Wilson right now would be laughed at. Who on the waiver wire is this great hitter than can hit over 275 and drive in over 100? Let me know and I'll pick him up

Please explain this to me. I am not concerned with how many years your league has been in existance. Greg Swindell pitched for 17 years and that does not make him an all-star. You are in a ten team league. What about Preston Wilson's numbers do you feel will help your team in a ten team league? In a ten team league, your outfield should look no worse than Pierre, Sheffield, Nady. Preston Wilson strikes out in his sleep.
mcmahojl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mcmahojl » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:30 pm

Oh, and how many times has Wilson drove in over 100? Check the lineup the two years he did that and compare them to this years Rockies.
mcmahojl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BuckeyeSal » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:47 pm

I actually have Shef, Beltran and Damon in my outfield with Burrell and Wilson backing them up. I think it's laughable to cut the cleanu-up hitter for Rockies ever. Hell Vinny Castillo even put up good numbers last year and Wilson at his age is as good as Vinny was last year. You sound like someone that drafted him last year and got burnt so now you're carrying around a little chip.
BuckeyeSal
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers