Slow start, staying patient, fine tuning needed - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Slow start, staying patient, fine tuning needed

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Slow start, staying patient, fine tuning needed

Postby Padres y Tacos » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:45 am

I have some ideas, but really can't make a decision.

Currently I am starting:
C Piazza
1B Helton
2B Barmes (though I will start Giles on Friday)
SS Izturis
3B Rolen
OF G. Anderson
OF Edmonds
OF A. Jones
Util P. Wilson
BN Magglio
BN M. Giles

SP Peavy
SP Willis
SP Harden
SP Doug Davis
SP Zito
SP Colon
SP H. Ramirez
SP R. Wolf
SP M. Morris
RP Mota
RP Lyon
RP Gagne

League is H2H, 5x5.

I am thinking about a backup catcher due to Piazza's slow start and his being taken out of games early pretty regularly; possibly Inge (he is eligible at C, OF, 3B) or B. Molina?

Also, I was thinking about dropping Barmes and picking up Lugo or Gathright in order to get some steals in the lineup as I have few now. Is Lugo a long term threat for steals (his career numbers are fairly erratic)? Gathright seems like he may have problems getting AB's.

Other players available:
P. Feliz
J. Valentin
Encarnacion
Finley
Biggio
Kazmir
Loaiza
N. Robertson
Hermanson

Please help. Any and all analysis would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Padres y Tacos
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby geozero » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:36 am

yeah piazza's on the downside of his career, i think having a backup like inge would be a good move. his versatility maks him desirable. i wouldnt worry too much though, 2 of your best players are cardinals and since theyve sucked as a team they havent done much individually. once they start getting hot along with pujols they should be good. youve got a nice rotation, maybe consider picking up another closer. that all depends on how many closers youre competition has. id also be concerned about how patient to be with preston. do due his injury theyve been slow with him and so far he isnt producing. you figure being at a hitters ballpark itd help but he hasnt done much so far. a guy like encarnacion would be interesting. he's on a really good team with some good bats, maybe he'll find his touch this years. he'll get you hrs for sure, its just his avg thats usually suspect. but even so, preston has never been known to be that great for avg. either, right?
geozero
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

tough decisions

Postby Padres y Tacos » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:30 am

bump -- I will respond to yours
Padres y Tacos
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

at this point

Postby Padres y Tacos » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:33 am

I have dropped Clint Barmes and picked up Brandon Inge. I would like to trade for someone like Bonderman or B. Myers (though I have suffered through his inconsistency in the past). What would be possible trade bait? I think Preston Wilson, but others don't see the upside in him like I do. Any suggestions?
Padres y Tacos
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby silverZ » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:31 pm

definatly pick up inge if you can. piazza's getting old and that isnt good for a catcher.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=115256
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)

Postby geozero » Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:43 pm

good job picking up inge, three hits the last two days including a triple. regarding trade bait preston definately wont be enough if you want a solid starter, especially after bonderman pitched 8 good innings today. do you even need another starter? is there an inning limit? seems like you have more than enough starters, 4 being solid guys. if you need another keep an eye on someone like kazmir. see how he does against the sox tomorrow. he has a lot of talent, maybe he just needs a few days to get into the swing of things. besides that it looks good; rolen's finally heating up
geozero
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team