question about MLB extra innings - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

question about MLB extra innings

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:15 pm

biller24 wrote:
Phatferd wrote:I talked to Dish Networks last night when I ordered, I dunno if other providers are different, but they told me that once I order it I cannot cancel. Well, I could, but I would still be billed for the entire sum of the service.

So I don't think you can stop payment then start up again.

I was told the same thing with Directv.

It also depends on how much you want to fight it. Back when satellite TV was the only way to get sports packages, I called up, broke their balls, and got the NFL package for free from DTV. I would think that they would want to help you even more since you can get them all (except for NFL) through digital cable now. That said, they also might be used to these techniques.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dmville » Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:46 pm

Just called Comast in my area and the lady couldn't give me a break on the MLB package itself, but she did give me a 3 month promo rate on some of my regular programming, basically saving me $60 off MLB.

Another time when I had to have a tech out for a problem, he was able to get me a deal on my basic package for 3 months also.

So try the first, and if not, make up a problem and get the tech out and hope he is baseball fan and understands your plight.
Dmville
Dmville
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:08 pm

Dmville wrote:Just called Comast in my area and the lady couldn't give me a break on the MLB package itself, but she did give me a 3 month promo rate on some of my regular programming, basically saving me $60 off MLB.

Another time when I had to have a tech out for a problem, he was able to get me a deal on my basic package for 3 months also.

So try the first, and if not, make up a problem and get the tech out and hope he is baseball fan and understands your plight.

Just remember that many of the techs don't know about sales promotions. I know that they are running free digital and HBO and 1 other premium channel right now for the first 6 months. :-?
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers