question about MLB extra innings - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

question about MLB extra innings

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

question about MLB extra innings

Postby chadxor » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:09 am

is there anyway you can order it for a month, cancel it for two, and then pick it up for the remainder of the season?

i'm going to have two months where i can watch it (april and march) and then two months where i'm going to be too busy (june and july). after that i'm fine. is there anyway i can just pay it monthly then cancel or something?

just making sure that this is what the monthly fee is, rather than just HAVING to pay 160ish over 5 times
chadxor
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:48 am

I have not seen it offered on a monthly basis. However, if you wait until July and add it then, you generally can get the rest of the season for a reduced price.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:57 am

Dawgpound 1613 wrote:I have not seen it offered on a monthly basis. However, if you wait until July and add it then, you generally can get the rest of the season for a reduced price.

I agree. Either that or just order it and then cancel it when you need to and then get a pro-rated reimbursement. You could then reorder it when you needed to. When I had DTV, I was going away for a while and when I called to cancel, they offered to put my account on hold so I wouldn't have to pay. Maybe call up your provider and see what they can do. :-?
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby chadxor » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:59 am

i'll go ahead and call them. the website is really vague
chadxor
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Dmville » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:11 pm

I was told last year by my cable operator that there is a flat fee for it that can be billed in 4 seperate installments, but it is not a monthly plan you can cancel one month and start the next. He did sound like half an idiot though.
Dmville
Dmville
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:24 pm

Dmville wrote:I was told last year by my cable operator that there is a flat fee for it that can be billed in 4 seperate installments, but it is not a monthly plan you can cancel one month and start the next. He did sound like half an idiot though.

LOL. I'm not sure if the 4-pay things can be spread out unless you play dumb. By spread out, I mean cancelling service and then restarting.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Phatferd » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:49 pm

I talked to Dish Networks last night when I ordered, I dunno if other providers are different, but they told me that once I order it I cannot cancel. Well, I could, but I would still be billed for the entire sum of the service.

So I don't think you can stop payment then start up again.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby lesgrant » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:52 pm

Unfortunately, you can't order it a la carte. They have a midseason rate which is a rip-off, designed to steer you towards the full season package.

I've had it since 2002 via both Direct TV and Slime Warner and have tried every way to get some sort of break. Ironically the only discount is the early-bird automatic renewal "special" where you pay everything in installments before opening day.

If anyone has been able to squeeze anything out of them, do tell.
lesgrant
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:09 pm

Phatferd wrote:I talked to Dish Networks last night when I ordered, I dunno if other providers are different, but they told me that once I order it I cannot cancel. Well, I could, but I would still be billed for the entire sum of the service.

Any luck with running the new line to the other room??
Lofunzo

Postby biller24 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:11 pm

Phatferd wrote:I talked to Dish Networks last night when I ordered, I dunno if other providers are different, but they told me that once I order it I cannot cancel. Well, I could, but I would still be billed for the entire sum of the service.

I was told the same thing with Directv.
biller24
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers