Does your league allow this? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Does your league allow this?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Does your league allow this?

Postby steve » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:20 am

I'll try and make this as short and to the point as possible. We had a owner pick up Lohse for his last P spot at our auction Sunday. Now he wants to replace him with Francisco (DL) or Meyer (Minors) who are both on his reserve list. We have 9 P slots And 1000 IP Min. Our Constitution has nothing stating this would be illeagal.
steve
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Andy1234 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:22 am

So he wants to drop a player and pick up a new one? If this is the case I don't see why not, if it isn't then I'm not clear what you mean
I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. -Crash Davis

Stewie : [watching a baseball game] Why does that man drop his club before he runs? I would bring it with me!
Andy1234
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby steve » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:35 am

I sorry for not being clear. Lohse would go to his Reserve(bench) list, which is where Francisco and Meyer currently are.
steve
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby CPHFighter1 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:39 am

So, the way I understand it, he wants to activate someone already on his roster who is currently DLed or in the minors? I don't know what Francisco or Meyers you are talking about, so I have no idea if they are coming back this week.
Either way, I don't see how it would or should upset anyone in the league. If they are not coming back this week, then why activate them at all? Why not just leave it empty? If they did this would it still cause a stir? Suddenly this thread seems silly to me. [/i]
CPHFighter1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby steve » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:06 am

Frank Francisco of texas, Think flying chair. Dan Meyer Oakland one of the players in the Hudson trade ( I guess I should mention his first name, Tim) Here's the owners thinking he's worried Lohse will blow up his teams ERA and WHIP this week. He has to have all 9 P slots filled and more than likely Francisco and Meyer will not be activated by Oak. or Tex. this week
steve
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:09 am

To me this just seems smart. If it's not against the rules then it should be allowed. But in most leagues you can manage your team anyway you want to. You could even leave that spot blank if you wished. So I think thats what confused the first couple guys. You didn't make yourself clear enough at first. But like I said if it's not against the rules (which it shouldn't be anyway) then he's perfectly within the rules to do this.
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby George_Foreman » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:12 am

steve wrote:Frank Francisco of texas, Think flying chair. Dan Meyer Oakland one of the players in the Hudson trade ( I guess I should mention his first name, Tim) Here's the owners thinking he's worried Lohse will blow up his teams ERA and WHIP this week. He has to have all 9 P slots filled and more than likely Francisco and Meyer will not be activated by Oak. or Tex. this week

way to be a jerk when you're asking for help. that always works...
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby steve » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:18 am

Sorry, not trying to be a jerk, just funny. I thought with all the knowledgeble people in the cafe they would know who I was talking about when I mention Francisco and meyer. Again I'm sorry.
steve
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:24 am

George_Foreman wrote:
steve wrote:Frank Francisco of texas, Think flying chair. Dan Meyer Oakland one of the players in the Hudson trade ( I guess I should mention his first name, Tim) Here's the owners thinking he's worried Lohse will blow up his teams ERA and WHIP this week. He has to have all 9 P slots filled and more than likely Francisco and Meyer will not be activated by Oak. or Tex. this week

I picked up on that as well... :-t

But to answer the question, if there is no rules saying this is wrong than he did nothing wrong. I've benched Russ Ortiz and started IR W.Miller so that Ortiz wouldn't blow my WHIP or ERA because I was already beating the guy I was playing. If the guy wants to use his bench spots to insure victory in other cats by not risking starting a player that may have a bad day there's nothing wrong with it. It's just smart managing.
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby AtlDynasty25 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:26 am

George_Foreman wrote:

I don't think he meant to be sarcastic. He was just clarifying which was asked of him. I still don't understand the question though :-? haha
AtlDynasty25
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers