anyone going to A's game tonight? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

anyone going to A's game tonight?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby donny23 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:23 am

LBJackal wrote:The Jays keep chugging along while the other AL East teams battle to the death and take each other out. Now we're tops in baseball ;-D Hopfully we can keep this up for a while.

It depends on how you define "a while". A week more tops? Sure, they can manage that :-D
donny23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:49 am

emb0lus wrote:thanks. i was debating on buying a field level seat behing home plate for $28 but i have never paid that much for a ticket in my life. i figure i will wait til first inning and buy a cheap one off a scalper. i have had success doing this and getting good seats many times before at other stadiums.

Well, since you are out there on business, I would assume that you have at least a little dime. Personally, I would suck it up and pay the $28 and go early. You probably won't be able to go there much in your life and I would like to have time to walk around the stadium and then see the game.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby emb0lus » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:37 pm

LBJackal wrote:Well the A's are gonna lose anyway. It's only a matter of time until the Jays' bats come alive }:-)

the scalper came through. $10 for a seat directly behind home in the 10th row in the second deck. (a $26 ticket). I missed the first 2 outs only. Sat with 5 guys who sold the scalper the ticket for $10 as well so he didn't make anything. I was surprised at how empty the stadium was for having only been the second home game of the season.

Anywho, LBJ was right. Haren actually looked good except for the 3-2 pitch he tried to blow past Hinske who was sitting on it. Other than that, the other highlight came when some kid in the right field bleachers took the second dinger off his noggin and it knocked him out cold. All the ushers rushed down to him and after about 5 minutes he was fortunately able to get up on his own power ;-D
emb0lus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers