anyone going to A's game tonight? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

anyone going to A's game tonight?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

anyone going to A's game tonight?

Postby emb0lus » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:15 pm

I'm visiting San Fran on business and do not know anyone here. I thought i would take the BART over to Oakland for the game tonight but not sure where to sit. How are the bleacher ($9) seats and are you looking into the sun? If anyone has an extra ticket and wants to sell it or is looking for someone to sit with that can talk fantasy baseball let me know soon!
emb0lus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 706
Joined: 26 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: TN

Postby eftda » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:25 pm

You will be looking into the sun, but I suggest you buy a bleach and sit somewhere else. If you look like you know wher eyour going then they wont ask to see you tickett.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9790
Joined: 11 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby emb0lus » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:31 pm

thanks. i was debating on buying a field level seat behing home plate for $28 but i have never paid that much for a ticket in my life. i figure i will wait til first inning and buy a cheap one off a scalper. i have had success doing this and getting good seats many times before at other stadiums.
emb0lus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 706
Joined: 26 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: TN

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:32 pm

emb0lus wrote:thanks. i was debating on buying a field level seat behing home plate for $28 but i have never paid that much for a ticket in my life. i figure i will wait til first inning and buy a cheap one off a scalper. i have had success doing this and getting good seats many times before at other stadiums.


Behind home plate for $28? Holy hell. I wish Yankee tickets were that cheap.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 54)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Payne Dailey » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:33 pm

I've done that many times, if it isn't sold out they're just about giving them away.
Payne Dailey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 1371
Joined: 17 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: stealing home

Postby LBJackal » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:51 pm

Well the A's are gonna lose anyway. It's only a matter of time until the Jays' bats come alive }:-)
Image

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 9196
Joined: 1 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Hotel Yorba

Postby Conner » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:41 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:
emb0lus wrote:thanks. i was debating on buying a field level seat behing home plate for $28 but i have never paid that much for a ticket in my life. i figure i will wait til first inning and buy a cheap one off a scalper. i have had success doing this and getting good seats many times before at other stadiums.


Behind home plate for $28? Holy hell. I wish Yankee tickets were that cheap.


Yea, no kiddin'...

I spend that much on hot dogs and beer at Yankee Stadium.

I sat behind homeplate one time...I think the tickets were 72 bucks each.
Conner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 760
Joined: 22 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby agchris02 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:59 am

LBJackal wrote:Well the A's are gonna lose anyway. It's only a matter of time until the Jays' bats come alive }:-)



good call ;-D
Jackalope
agchris02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1562
Joined: 30 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dallas Tx

Postby LBJackal » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:03 am

The Jays keep chugging along while the other AL East teams battle to the death and take each other out. Now we're tops in baseball ;-D Hopfully we can keep this up for a while.
Image

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 9196
Joined: 1 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Hotel Yorba

Postby Madison » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:07 am

LBJackal wrote:The Jays keep chugging along while the other AL East teams battle to the death and take each other out. Now we're tops in baseball ;-D Hopfully we can keep this up for a while.


It won't. The Jays have to play my Rangers in a 4 game series starting Thursday. Say buh-bye to first place. :-°

:-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Oct. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact