Yankees/Redsox on ESPN again Wed??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yankees/Redsox on ESPN again Wed???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:17 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:
Transmogrifier wrote:News flash, guys, ESPN, Fox, all of them--they are businesses. They don't have a responsibility to show all teams or a good variety. They show the games that will get them the best ratings, the most money. Guess what? That's Yanks-Sox, over and over and over.

Newsflash, a Cubs game in the local market will get better ratings than the Yankees/Red Sox rain delay update. I wish they would do some sort of regional thing, instead of this all Red Sox, all Yankee thing. Its like the entire world revolves between these teams. Especially the Red Sox. The new trendy thing is the Red Sox. They are everywhere. Ben Affleck, Jimmy Fallon, Fever Pitch, ring ceremonies everywhere, people complaining Pedro didn't show up, etc. Its like the Red Sox were the only team that hasn't won a world series in a while. (The White Sox curse is longer, for example, and yet there is no pining, movies about them and such.) Why no excessive coverage of the White Sox? After all, they are a bigger market than Boston (just city wise. I realize theres a lot more Cubs fans) And there are plenty of Cubs fans too, and there curse is even longer? Why no media blitz? Its rather silly. I wish they would realize there are 28 other teams worth covering. The Red Sox and Yanks aren't even in first place. How bout them Blue Jays?

So, you would rather have the Cubs on WGN and nothing on ESPN rather than Yanks/Sox on ESPN and the Cubs on WGN?? I would rather have the more games. ;-)
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CubsFan7724 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:28 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:
Transmogrifier wrote:News flash, guys, ESPN, Fox, all of them--they are businesses. They don't have a responsibility to show all teams or a good variety. They show the games that will get them the best ratings, the most money. Guess what? That's Yanks-Sox, over and over and over.

Newsflash, a Cubs game in the local market will get better ratings than the Yankees/Red Sox rain delay update. I wish they would do some sort of regional thing, instead of this all Red Sox, all Yankee thing. Its like the entire world revolves between these teams. Especially the Red Sox. The new trendy thing is the Red Sox. They are everywhere. Ben Affleck, Jimmy Fallon, Fever Pitch, ring ceremonies everywhere, people complaining Pedro didn't show up, etc. Its like the Red Sox were the only team that hasn't won a world series in a while. (The White Sox curse is longer, for example, and yet there is no pining, movies about them and such.) Why no excessive coverage of the White Sox? After all, they are a bigger market than Boston (just city wise. I realize theres a lot more Cubs fans) And there are plenty of Cubs fans too, and there curse is even longer? Why no media blitz? Its rather silly. I wish they would realize there are 28 other teams worth covering. The Red Sox and Yanks aren't even in first place. How bout them Blue Jays?

So, you would rather have the Cubs on WGN and nothing on ESPN rather than Yanks/Sox on ESPN and the Cubs on WGN?? I would rather have the more games. ;-)

I wish they were on WGN more. They have so few games on WGN now. I remember when they used to have like every single game on WGN. Now, they have like 60. Its pretty sad. Anyways, I meant ESPN coverage by region. You know, like what they do with football on Fox and CBS? Like in the midwest, show the ChiSox and Cleveland tonight. New England, show BoSox-Yanks. Out west, Anaheim-Texas. I believe this would be better, and more interesting. For the most part, because I don't have extra innings, I don't get to see a lot of teams besides ones facing the Cubs, White Sox, the Sunday game, and then the Yanks and BoSox, since they are on all the time. Even though I like some players on other teams (Tex, Vlad, etc) I almost never get to see them actually play. I wish I could, but theres Yankee-Red Sox games to be shown!
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:33 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:

To be honest, I haven't watched one Yankees/Sox game yet.
It is boring baseball, and I could care less who wins in the East. I mean its a forgone conclusion already right? Half the teams don't even have a chance, do to the greed by these two teams. So why play the games? better yet, why watch it. :-t

I know I don't

I would rather watch the Brewers vs. Pirates or even College Baseball. Heck I would rather watch the grass grow than a Yankees Sox anything.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby CubsFan7724 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:36 pm

Honestly, nothing would make me happier than for the Yankees and the Red Sox to miss the playoffs. Not likely, but it would be possible to watch some other playoff games besides the ones they are invloved in.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby BritSox » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:41 pm

1. Please explain how the Sox and Yanks having loads more fans than their division rivals constitutes 'greed.'

2. I fully expect there to be an at least equal media blitz if the Cubs win it all. Remember 2003? Before the two of them went out in the LCS, it was all 'Cubs and Red Sox, cursed teams in with a shot this year.' Note that Cubs was said first.
Last edited by BritSox on Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:41 pm

So now, because you're sick of ESPN televising them, you wish they do not make the playoffs. :-? Because it's their fault they get the highest ratings, and it's their fault that ESPN wants to televise them over anyone else.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby wrveres » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:47 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:So now, because you're sick of ESPN televising them, you wish they do not make the playoffs. :-? Because it's their fault they get the highest ratings, and it's their fault that ESPN wants to televise them over anyone else.

After this BS media blitz that they have shoved down our throughts ... I hope the Sox never make the playoffs again. I hope it is another 80 plus years before they see a pennant much less a title.

Also, I don't think I really need to explain the 'greed' arguement to anybody. If you can't see it, I can't help you.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby CubsFan7724 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:01 pm

BritSox wrote:1. Please explain how the Sox and Yanks having loads more fans than their division rivals constitutes 'greed.'

2. I fully expect there to be an at least equal media blitz if the Cubs win it all. Remember 2003? Before the two of them went out in the LCS, it was all 'Cubs and Red Sox, cursed teams in with a shot this year.' Note that Cubs was said first.

I dont want the Cubs to be like that either. I know if they win, its going to be just like the Red Sox. Bandwagon fans talking about they've been there the whole time, celebrities becoming Cubs fans because its trendy. Of course being a "Cubs fan" is already trendy, and I loathe it. You have these clowns who couldn't name the starting lineup going there, taking up seats from real fans, who go there because its an outdoor beer garden. You can't see anything, because they always stand up and wave in case they were on TV. Plus the beer vendors block out all of the game too. I wish that they don't get into the playoffs because the storyline is getting old. Its been going on for the past 2 years. YANKEES RED SOX, BETTER THAN THE WORLD SERIES blah blah blah. I'd like to see some other games for once.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:30 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:

I wish they were on WGN more. They have so few games on WGN now. I remember when they used to have like every single game on WGN. Now, they have like 60. Its pretty sad. Anyways, I meant ESPN coverage by region. You know, like what they do with football on Fox and CBS? Like in the midwest, show the ChiSox and Cleveland tonight. New England, show BoSox-Yanks. Out west, Anaheim-Texas. I believe this would be better, and more interesting. For the most part, because I don't have extra innings, I don't get to see a lot of teams besides ones facing the Cubs, White Sox, the Sunday game, and then the Yanks and BoSox, since they are on all the time. Even though I like some players on other teams (Tex, Vlad, etc) I almost never get to see them actually play. I wish I could, but theres Yankee-Red Sox games to be shown!

I understand what you're saying but I look at it like this. If I have cable or satellite in order to get ESPN, I should also be able to get my local team on whatever channel they are on. I'd rather have a different game than my local team on so that I had a choice. I know that DTV also has an alternate ESPN game on for blacked out games.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Nomar4prez » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:16 pm

wrveres wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:So now, because you're sick of ESPN televising them, you wish they do not make the playoffs. :-? Because it's their fault they get the highest ratings, and it's their fault that ESPN wants to televise them over anyone else.

After this BS media blitz that they have shoved down our throughts ... I hope the Sox never make the playoffs again. I hope it is another 80 plus years before they see a pennant much less a title.

Also, I don't think I really need to explain the 'greed' arguement to anybody. If you can't see it, I can't help you.

People always said that when we (the Red Sox) won, we'd be hated as much as the Yankees. I really didn't believe it, but I'm starting to see it now. People that have absolutely no reason to hate the Red Sox do just b/c they won a World Series. I mean, I hate the Yankees, but b/c I'm a Red Sox fan. I have a reason. You hate the Red Sox b/c the media shows them too much?.....good reason. :-t
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers