Gathright How Long? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Gathright How Long?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Gathright How Long?

Postby Kingsac » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:10 pm

How long will Gathright stay up in the majors? Will he be sent down when Sanchez comes back? I have him on my minor league team and I don't want to call him up to have him get sent right back down. The guy is hitting and stealing like crazy!
Kingsac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pat1999 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:48 pm

i hope pinella decides to stick with gathright and cut sanchez...i dont know whats gonna happen cause that outfiled is gonna be crowded once baldelli returns...i guess we just wait and see what happens when sanchez returns which is very soon
greatest game on earth
pat1999
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Q » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:49 pm

Gathright should get a very good amount of playing time until Baldelli comes back. He is a very good source of steals but wont help much in any of the other categories.
Q
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby pomplona's finest » Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:19 pm

Is there a chance that Gathright keeps the job over Sanchez??
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]

AKA IRON CHEF

Member #5 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
pomplona's finest
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Cooner » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:00 am

Q wrote:Gathright should get a very good amount of playing time until Baldelli comes back. He is a very good source of steals but wont help much in any of the other categories.

If they play him at leadoff and bump Crawford back to 2nd or 3rd, he'd be a great source of runs as well. This guy has the talent to be a great 3 tool outfielder, and very good at those three tools, if they'd give him the chance. I've got him starting on two of three teams at the moment, and am just hoping they do just that. His effort tonight certainly couldn't have hurt....
Cooner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Slow Pitch » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:05 am

Cooner wrote:
Q wrote:Gathright should get a very good amount of playing time until Baldelli comes back. He is a very good source of steals but wont help much in any of the other categories.

If they play him at leadoff and bump Crawford back to 2nd or 3rd, he'd be a great source of runs as well. This guy has the talent to be a great 3 tool outfielder, and very good at those three tools, if they'd give him the chance. I've got him starting on two of three teams at the moment, and am just hoping they do just that. His effort tonight certainly couldn't have hurt....

I HIGHLY doubt they would bump Crawdaddy from the leadoff spot. Joey G will stick around 7 or 9 if they keep him in the line up.
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kingsac » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:31 pm

Can anyone predict how much longer he will be in the Starting lineup?

Should I wait till next year to bring him up?
Kingsac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Cooner » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:37 pm

Slow Pitch wrote:
Cooner wrote:

I HIGHLY doubt they would bump Crawdaddy from the leadoff spot. Joey G will stick around 7 or 9 if they keep him in the line up.

They should. Have you looked at Crawford's OBA lately? It's disgustingly bad for a leadoff hitter. He is a solid hitter however, and would be better utilized in the two or three slot. And Gathright's running abilities are just as good if not better than Crawford's.
Cooner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Cooner » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:39 pm

Kingsac wrote:Can anyone predict how much longer he will be in the Starting lineup?

Should I wait till next year to bring him up?

If you would have to use a bench spot on him for the rest of the season if he was sent back down, then I would at least wait until the suspension is over. Baldelli's return is another potential chance to see him tossed back to AAA, but that's much farther off. If Sanchez comes back and Gathright is still a regular, I would seriously consider bringing him up this year. But if Sanchez takes his spot and Gathright gets relegated, wait til next year.
Cooner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby warrick95 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:42 pm

I think, unfortunately, Joey's getting sent down. LaMar hinted at that, saying that the team that's going to be taking the field is the one they envisioned on Opening Day...when Joey wasn't on the roster. It's from the Tampa Tribune.

I hope management is taking a long look at him, though. He seemed to be in the doghouse going into the year, but has been a superb spark plug for the team.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers