Hats off to Carlos Beltran - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Hats off to Carlos Beltran

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Hats off to Carlos Beltran

Postby Guest » Mon May 12, 2003 9:31 pm

I would just like to take the time to thank Beltran for going 3/3 with a homerun, 2 runs, 1 rbi and a sb so far today. Not that Im getting over excited I'm jsut happy since I traded for him and hes been on the DL and hes been great So thanks Carlos!

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby sinicalypse » Tue May 13, 2003 12:49 am

carlos beltran has some skills. he got off to a slow start, probably mostly thanks to injury... but when he's on point, he's on point. he's had two games this season with a HR in a steal in the same game. remember, he's playing for a big fat contract... so with proper motivation, he has an outside chance at 40/40 this season, bu 30/30 is far more likely.

i managed to basically trade pat burrell straight up for him while he was injured, and thus far, despite my team's offense sucking as a whole, he's been the biggest brightest spot. once vlad gets hot and gets going, i think my OF of vlad, manny, and beltran will be one of hte most well rounded outfields possible.

and if burrell hits 40, well, i still think 25/25/80 is more valuable than 40/100, so i think, barring injury, that i won that trade pretty easily.

rejoice. i read somewhere that someone cut beltran... that's just plain stupid. the royals are motivated and will be a .500+ team this season if their starters don't implode, so i'm looking forward to seeing just what these boys can do down the stretch in august and beyond.
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BillyMafia » Tue May 13, 2003 1:45 am

i traded A Jones and J Edmonds for L Berkman and C Beltran three weeks ago when Berkman and Beltran were in a slump. I took a lot of ribbing for hit so I'm glad to see them both playing well now.
BillyMafia
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ball crusher » Tue May 13, 2003 8:58 am

Billy Mafia the only thing that matters is who's laughing at the end of the year, and I think you will be.
ball crusher
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Bliz34 » Tue May 13, 2003 10:22 am

I PICKED BELTRAN UP OFF WAIVERS THE DAY BEFORE HE CAME BACK FROM INJURY AND I ALREADY HAD BERKMAN... RECENTLY I HAVE CLIMBED FROM 10TH (LAST) TO 5TH IN MY LEAGUE AND DON'T WANT TO STOP THERE.... I CAN'T BELIEVE SOEMONE CUT BELTRAN LIKE THAT BUT I SWEAR MY LEAGUE IS COMPETITIVE AND THE GUYS ARE KNOWLEDGABLE...MAYBE HE JUST DIDN'T THINK MUCH OF HIM.
Bliz34
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Guest » Tue May 13, 2003 10:34 am

pretty gutsy trade. trading 2 guys that are having great seasons so far.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Return to Baseball Leftovers