Dumbest thing ever said on Baseball 2night.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dumbest thing ever said on Baseball 2night....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Carey Saders » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:34 pm

Larry Bowa scares me. :-o
Carey Saders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Purple Haze » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:18 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:but anyways the dumbest thing ever said on baseball tonite is this....... here is our baseball expert Peter Gammons...... nothing ever said can be as dumb as that is......

Expert and Peter Gammons should never be mentioned in the same sentence :-o :-b :-°
Purple Haze
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:15 pm

Please...just listen to whatever Gammons is saying on any particular night. Kruk at least a. has his OWN opinions and b. might actually be right once in awhile. Gammons is an Boston shill part of the time and a babbling fool the rest.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Nomar4prez » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:09 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Please...just listen to whatever Gammons is saying on any particular night. Kruk at least a. has his OWN opinions and b. might actually be right once in awhile. Gammons is an Boston shill part of the time and a babbling fool the rest.

Yet is somehow in the Hall of Fame.....

You guys are ridiculous. You can't just watch a show, and enjoy the highlights and limited insight the people give? You have to critique every word everyone says, and if they mess up once during the whole season then they are considered babbling fools. I can remember Joe Morgan was called an idiot on here last year for not believing in sabermetrics. Um.....sabermetrics is just a theory.

Yes, Peter Gammons is a Boston guy, but he also knows alot more of what goes behind the scenes than any of us could dream of knowing. John Kruk is just John Kruk. If you were expecting to learn the secrets of the universe from this guy, then I guess you will be disapointed. Harold Reynolds, to me, is one of the nicest guys in baseball. He also knows alot about the game of baseball, and I've learned alot of new things from those short segments he's done.

Stop complaining, and just watch the friggin show. If you don't want to watch, then CHANGE THE CHANNEL!
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Brendo » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:20 pm

looptid wrote:1/3 of the way through the 2004 season, based on his high wins total:

Kruk: "Paul Wilson is the front runner for the NL Cy Young."

in a season preview edition a few years back, HR picked Ryan Dempster to win the Cy.

very close.

very.
Brendo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:20 pm

Nomar4prez wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:Please...just listen to whatever Gammons is saying on any particular night. Kruk at least a. has his OWN opinions and b. might actually be right once in awhile. Gammons is an Boston shill part of the time and a babbling fool the rest.

Yet is somehow in the Hall of Fame.....

You guys are ridiculous. You can't just watch a show, and enjoy the highlights and limited insight the people give? You have to critique every word everyone says, and if they mess up once during the whole season then they are considered babbling fools. I can remember Joe Morgan was called an idiot on here last year for not believing in sabermetrics. Um.....sabermetrics is just a theory.

Yes, Peter Gammons is a Boston guy, but he also knows alot more of what goes behind the scenes than any of us could dream of knowing. John Kruk is just John Kruk. If you were expecting to learn the secrets of the universe from this guy, then I guess you will be disapointed. Harold Reynolds, to me, is one of the nicest guys in baseball. He also knows alot about the game of baseball, and I've learned alot of new things from those short segments he's done.

Stop complaining, and just watch the friggin show. If you don't want to watch, then CHANGE THE CHANNEL!

Lol. Phil Rizzuto is also in a hall of fame.

One mistake all season? Have you LISTENED to the guy? We aren't bashing him for one mistake. The only reason he knows about behind the scenes more than we do is because the idiots at ESPN are dumb enough to pay him to do that for a living.

And he still sucks at it.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby BobbyRoberto » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:32 pm

I can remember Joe Morgan was called an idiot on here last year for not believing in sabermetrics. Um.....sabermetrics is just a theory.

Sabermetrics isn't just a theory. It's not something that can be believed in or not believed in like Creationism.

"Sabermetrics is the mathematical and statistical analysis of baseball records."

The game is played, sabermetrics analyzes the statistics. There's nothing there to believe in. You look at the data and you draw conclusions from it, mathematically.

If Joe Morgan says something like, "I don't believe in sabermetrics" it just shows he doesn't know what it is. He has also repeatedly and mistakenly claimed that Billy Beane wrote Moneyball, which he did not. He's also admitted to not liking the book while at the same time admitting he's never read it.
Roger Angell: I was talking with Bob Gibson and I said: 'Are you always this competitive?' He said: 'Oh, I think so. I got a three-year old daughter, and I've played about 500 games of tic-tac-toe with her and she hasn't beat me yet.'
BobbyRoberto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby pomplona's finest » Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:24 pm

Phatferd wrote:
giants8307 wrote:Stupidest thing uttered on BBT:

Paraphrased, Kruk says the Angels have the best rotation in the AL West because they can put John Lackey in the #4 spot, a guy who won Game 7. Apparently, Kruk disregards his 4.6+ ERA the last two years.

Who has the best rotation in the AL West according to you? I don't think you can argue, no one has a great rotation in the AL West. Oak has no ace (Zito is no ace, he is no better or worse than Colon). The sad thing is those 2 guys are probably the 2 best pitchers in the division.

Seattle doesn't have the best, and Tex definately doesn't. It's between Oak and Ana, and I may be a homer, but I'd take the Angels' rotation over Oak, right now. In 2 years, it may be different, but right now the Angels in my eyes have the best staff in the division.

Phatherd = John Kruk :-)

Lets just put the issue as to who is the worst analyst away and just call them all rambling idiots. ;-7
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]

AKA IRON CHEF

Member #5 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
pomplona's finest
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby getoffmywalrus » Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:30 pm

haha I wish they'd let BronXBombers share his knowledge on ESPN.
"Carl Everett's the best player in baseball, just ask him." -Ryan Dempster
getoffmywalrus
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Nomar4prez » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:05 am

BobbyRoberto wrote:
I can remember Joe Morgan was called an idiot on here last year for not believing in sabermetrics. Um.....sabermetrics is just a theory.

Sabermetrics isn't just a theory. It's not something that can be believed in or not believed in like Creationism.

"Sabermetrics is the mathematical and statistical analysis of baseball records."

The game is played, sabermetrics analyzes the statistics. There's nothing there to believe in. You look at the data and you draw conclusions from it, mathematically.

If Joe Morgan says something like, "I don't believe in sabermetrics" it just shows he doesn't know what it is. He has also repeatedly and mistakenly claimed that Billy Beane wrote Moneyball, which he did not. He's also admitted to not liking the book while at the same time admitting he's never read it.

The conclusions drawn from the statistical analysis of players are just theories.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers