Dumbest thing ever said on Baseball 2night.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dumbest thing ever said on Baseball 2night....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dumbest thing ever said on Baseball 2night....

Postby jmo » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:35 pm

....and it was not uttered by Kruk. In one of the little "forced" segments Harold Reynolds said that Kaz is making Piazza a better defensive player. He reasons that because Kaz get's into the right position to catch a throw to second, piazz "has a target to hit". Now...even in his clip, it shows (as is always the case) Kaz is nowhere near the bag as piazza lets the ball go. So piazza is just throwing to second base. In this instance it is a perfect throw by Mike. 1980's benito santiago would've been proud. But to say that all of the sudden, Piazza is a Charles Johnson just because Kaz is a stud defensively....IDIOTIC. Harold, you are a second baseman. Keep your drag bunting, 8 hole hitting self out of my special segments. I'd rather watch last weeks diamond notes.

Why is it that stat geeks (Tim K and Peter G) and pitchers (brantley) know more about baseball than position players. The BB2N desk should always have an anchor, PG, TK and a former manager and maybe a pitcher. No more position players.
jmo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jacksparrow217 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:56 pm

harold reynolds didn't say that piazza was a defensive stud, he just stated that kaz gets to the bag quickly and positions himself properly therefor allowing him to make quicker tags. Reyes was the one who wasn't getting to the bag in time. Also harold reynolds wasn't an 8-hole hitter he was actually a pretty good player. Reynolds is probably the smartest one out of alll those bums on the baseball tonight crew. Ask any player not associated with espn and they'll tell you that peter gammon's doesen't jack S***.
Tedium is the worst pain
jacksparrow217
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:01 pm

i actually thought the kaz segment was fairly good... it showed the difference in kaz getting to the bag and reyes not getting to the bag......

but anyways the dumbest thing ever said on baseball tonite is this....... here is our baseball expert Peter Gammons...... nothing ever said can be as dumb as that is......
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Jivedude » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:05 pm

To paraphrase Harold Reynolds last year, "Pettitte should get the opening day start over Ozwalt because he's a better pitcher."
Jivedude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby slomo007 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:07 pm

Jivedude wrote:To paraphrase Harold Reynolds last year, "Pettitte should get the opening day start over Ozwalt because he's a better pitcher."

LOL....that's great. Apparently HR doesn't play fantasy baseball. Or real baseball.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:32 pm

HR is the best one out of that bunch. Gammons and Kruk are morons. Reynolds says some stuff that I definately don't agree with, but he doesn't make idiotic statements like the others do.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Re: Dumbest thing ever said on Baseball 2night....

Postby quietstorm » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:45 pm

jmo wrote:Why is it that stat geeks (Tim K and Peter G)

You do realize that Gammons is the furthest thing from being a stat geek? He's one of the Baseball America writers, a scout through and through. He's not a stat geek by any stretch of the imagination. I don't know if he even understands sabermetrics...
Your wisemen don't know how it feels to be thick as a brick...
quietstorm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby getoffmywalrus » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:47 pm

I don't know why Kruk is on there, they should've recruited Dykstra instead. Lay off my boy HR though, at least he's got a sense of humor.
"Carl Everett's the best player in baseball, just ask him." -Ryan Dempster
getoffmywalrus
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Jivedude » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:59 pm

getoffmywalrus wrote:Lay off my boy HR though, at least he's got a sense of humor.

Maybe but a lot of the stuff he says is unintentionally funny! :-D
Last edited by Jivedude on Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jivedude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby bluefire7 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:03 pm

in keeping order with the cafe..

baseball 2nite crew ranking:

1) t. kurkjian
2) j. brantley
3) h. reynolds
4) p. gammons