Wisconsin: Where we shoot cats and mourning doves - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Wisconsin: Where we shoot cats and mourning doves

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:13 am

CubsFan7724 wrote:Well, I don't think this will pass. The govenor vowed to strike this down, even though it got public support.

So let me get this straight. The public wanted to bust a cap in kitty but the politicians were the voice of reason?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 281)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:12 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:Well, I don't think this will pass. The govenor vowed to strike this down, even though it got public support.

So let me get this straight. The public wanted to bust a cap in kitty but the politicians were the voice of reason?

They just don't want us to have any fun. *Kicks dirt and stomps away*.

:-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby warrick95 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:37 pm

Wow, this was a rather interesting thread. I won't comment on the state of Wisconsin (good luck, CubsFan), but I agree with STL, Lofunzo, slomo, etc. I just couldn't bear killing another animal for no reason other than entertainment. For the record, I live in Virginia, but in a considerably sized town (Charlottesville). I've grown up in cities (NYC) and suburbs (NJ) thus far in my life, but have been reasonably exposed to the country lifestyle. I'm very open-minded to it and actually like it a lot, other than hunting. I actually think I've embraced the southern lifestyle wholeheartedly.

Trust me, I'm all for Darwin's theories of natural selection and survival of the fittest. That's why I don't find anything wrong with attacking another country, fighting wars, etc., which may seem like a clear contradiction. But for some reason, I have a real soft spot for animals. It could be because they seem helpless and in need of your help (much like you'd care for a younger sibling), or it may be because they wouldn't say stuff to piss you off like humans. For example, Osama and folks are saying stuff that's flat out pissing me off that I'd pay to personally scalp him.

My rabbit died in January and it felt like shit. We ran up a good few hundred in animal hospital bills and medicine but it didn't work out. He was either $19.99 or $24.99 by the way, for those of y'all who'd just flush him down the toilet.

Edit: I'm not religious whatsoever, but for those of y'all who are, I suppose you'd say that animals have souls just like humans do. It's also incredible and amazing how distinct and special their personalities are. My rabbit fully interacted with humans. I'm sure those of y'all with dogs, cats, etc. treated them as friends and family members and not "objects."

And for the record (again), even though I'm underage to vote as well, I'd likely be Republican as well. My social ideas are very Democratic (liberal), but my economic ideas are Republican. Call me a greedy bastard or whatever (again, contradicts how I'd shell out cash for an animal), but I think I'd vote for whatever candidate best served my economic (monetary) interests.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BigMusky » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:53 pm

the problem is that these cats are running all over the place, wild/ferral, the are dying from starvation and disease. It is much the same problem the state has with deer. The law is not being passed so hill billies have another thing to shoot at. I can not imagine most people would go on cat hunts, but the local residents up there where they are over run will have the right to clean up there land/neighborhood.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Re: Wisconsin: Where we shoot cats and mourning doves

Postby nuggets » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:56 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:Every day I get more and more embarrassed to live in the "great state" of Wisconsin. Not only is it filled with drunken Packer fans, we need something else to hunt when it isn't deer season. But at least deer can be eaten. A few years ago we legalized hunting mourning doves (the state bird of peace, which we now blow away with shottys for no reason :-b Irony?) and now there is a proposal to legalize shooting stray cats. The reason? They kill the local bird population. Of course we are the ones shooting mourning doves :-D What logical purpose does this serve? Not to add in the safety dangers. You are now going to have idiots shooting guns off randomly at stray cats. 1 month before someone gets killed. Guaranteed. And in urban areas. Unbelievable. Im not against guns or hunting, but this is real ridiculous and is hunting for the sake of hunting, not correcting mistakes like when we killed all the wolves (more Wisconsin stupidity), therefore sending the deer population spiraling upwards. As soon as Im 18, I am such a ghost. :-b

Were you born in Wisconsin?
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CubsFan7724 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:39 pm

BigMusky wrote:the problem is that these cats are running all over the place, wild/ferral, the are dying from starvation and disease. It is much the same problem the state has with deer. The law is not being passed so hill billies have another thing to shoot at. I can not imagine most people would go on cat hunts, but the local residents up there where they are over run will have the right to clean up there land/neighborhood.

All wild animals die from starvation and disease. Feral cats are pretty good survivors, from what I've seen. This won't pass. Oh, and I was born in Illinois before my family moved up here.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:43 pm

and here is a few ..
Cooking Tips
*Don't over cook!
*If the dove is properly cooled and handled from the field you do not need to cover it up with bacon
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 746)

Postby Madison » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:19 pm

wrveres wrote: and here is a few ..
Cooking Tips
*Don't over cook!
*If the dove is properly cooled and handled from the field you do not need to cover it up with bacon

Dove is actually quite good. ;-D Yummy! :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby BigMusky » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:37 pm

I think the cats are also spreading disease onto real house cats when they bang in the wild.... }:-)
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to General Talk