Wisconsin: Where we shoot cats and mourning doves - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Wisconsin: Where we shoot cats and mourning doves

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:01 am

And 1 more thing.......We rescued a greyhound years ago and he has been the best pet that I have ever had by far. Loving since day 1, when he showed up to our house looking like Starvin' Marvin' of South Park. I saw what they do to the greyhounds that don't get adopted and I also saw what they do to them as they are housed during their racing careers. Should I have just let them wheelbarrow him over to the dumpsters like the rest of them??

Anyone can feel free to take this 1. :-°
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:04 am

Lofunzo wrote:And 1 more thing.......We rescued a greyhound years ago and he has been the best pet that I have ever had by far. Loving since day 1, when he showed up to our house looking like Starvin' Marvin' of South Park. I saw what they do to the greyhounds that don't get adopted and I also saw what they do to them as they are housed during their racing careers. Should I have just let them wheelbarrow him over to the dumpsters like the rest of them??

I know how you feel Lo, I don't support greyhound racing at all. :-t
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:26 am

slomo007 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:And 1 more thing.......We rescued a greyhound years ago and he has been the best pet that I have ever had by far. Loving since day 1, when he showed up to our house looking like Starvin' Marvin' of South Park. I saw what they do to the greyhounds that don't get adopted and I also saw what they do to them as they are housed during their racing careers. Should I have just let them wheelbarrow him over to the dumpsters like the rest of them??

I know how you feel Lo, I don't support greyhound racing at all. :-t

Me, neither. When I watched the National Geographic special on them, I had to cover his eyes. :-o
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby LBJackal » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:24 am

Well everybody has a different opinion on pets... some people get attached to them, and would pay anything to keep them alive and healthy. But it doesn't mean people are wrong or immoral because they wouldn't pay 10K for surgery on their pet.

And also I think this a stupid law for the two reasons Lo mentioned. 1) how do you know the cat is a stray, and not just out of the house for a bit? and 2) why the hell would you condone people shooting at cats in the street? What do you gain from that? Not worth the risk to other people in the area.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:43 am

Lofunzo wrote:1 more question.......I have an indoor cat that gets out from time to time for about 5 minutes at a clip. How would some idiot with a gun be able to differentiate between her and an actual stray?? Is there a 15 minute waiting period before it is O.K. to open fire?? I find it unbelievably stupid that a law would allow citizens to open fire at an animal on the street where other people might catch a stray bullet. Good luck explaining that to a judge or the family of the deceased. There was a stray cat over by the dumpster and I tried to kill it but I accidentally shot your daughter. I'm sure that the family would understand completely. ;-7

There has to be more to this story. :-°

Same here - our cats get out from time to time. Unless you have a collar on them from the time they are kittens, it's impossible to put one one them. We tried with our adult cats and they went crazy and scratched themselves until they bled. If we lived in Wisconsin our cats would be gonners.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 261)

Postby LBJackal » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:19 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:1 more question.......I have an indoor cat that gets out from time to time for about 5 minutes at a clip. How would some idiot with a gun be able to differentiate between her and an actual stray?? Is there a 15 minute waiting period before it is O.K. to open fire?? I find it unbelievably stupid that a law would allow citizens to open fire at an animal on the street where other people might catch a stray bullet. Good luck explaining that to a judge or the family of the deceased. There was a stray cat over by the dumpster and I tried to kill it but I accidentally shot your daughter. I'm sure that the family would understand completely. ;-7

Same here - our cats get out from time to time. Unless you have a collar on them from the time they are kittens, it's impossible to put one one them. We tried with our adult cats and they went crazy and scratched themselves until they bled. If we lived in Wisconsin our cats would be gonners.

If you lived in Wisconsin that would be the least of your worries

*rimshot*

:-D

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:24 pm

LBJackal wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:

If you lived in Wisconsin that would be the least of your worries

*rimshot*

:-D

Nice. :-D

What about this?? I tell the lady that the cat got out and that she was in the shrubs. As she's looking, I accidentally shoot her while the cat was in there. Your honor.......I was shooting a stray. ;-7
Lofunzo

Postby AtlDynasty25 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:31 pm

Jim Rome's actually on this topic of hunting cats in Wisconsin in his show today haha. He must be reading the cafe's general talk section :-b
AtlDynasty25
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ironman » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:15 pm

AtlDynasty25 wrote:Jim Rome's actually on this topic of hunting cats in Wisconsin in his show today haha. He must be reading the cafe's general talk section :-b

He probably got it from Sports Guy's former intern that used to do the Links of the Day on his page and now works for Rome.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby Madison » Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:59 am

Arlo wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:Not only is it filled with drunken Packer fans, we need something else to hunt when it isn't deer season.

Ok, did anybody else take this to mean that when it's not dear season, they shoot drunken Packer fans? 8-o

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Legalize the shooting of all rodents!

And Webhamster asked me to tell you he strongly resents that... :-D

Got a couple of nice ones there. :-D ;-D

Poor Webby. Lol. :-b

Shooting drunken Pacer fans.....LMAO.....priceless. Lol. :-b :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk