Sutcliffe: More steroid busts soon - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sutcliffe: More steroid busts soon

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby matdemos » Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:30 am

davidmarver wrote:Sutcliffe is a very good analyst. That said, everyone always overstates the amount of players using steroids. I think there will be 3 players in the majors who test positive that have been an All-Star sometime in their career. I don't think it'll be to the proportion people think.

Sutcliffe is a very good analyst?? :-/ ...Maybe he's in ST mode still, but he was *awful* during the Sox/Yanks today.
matdemos
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby toofunnyy » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:30 am

"Sutcliffe is a very good analyst. That said, everyone always overstates the amount of players using steroids. I think there will be 3 players in the majors who test positive that have been an All-Star sometime in their career. I don't think it'll be to the proportion people think."

First sentence pretty much ruins any creditability you have. And who overstates it? It's becoming obvious more and more people are using it. And this testing doesn't even detect growth hormones! If you don't think MLB turned a blind eye to this and let players run wild, you're a fool. There's stories coming out now of players using it in the 80s.

"Lost in the steroid controversy are seasons Ken Griffey Jr. put together, hitting back-to-back 56 homerun seasons. Lets not forget the legit seasons he had."

Who's to say Griffey wasn't on the juice? His body sure is breaking down unnaturally. Maybe he wasn't on roids, maybe it was growth hormones. Who knows. Anyone who played 90+ could have easily used it. The numbers don't lie. Equipment hasn't changed. This isn't golf. The players WERE using something. The rapid jump in power, has never been seen in 100 years of baseball. Anyone with a clue will tell you that this period in baseball is tainted, to what degree is up for debate.
toofunnyy Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby prodpaul » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:36 am

DK wrote:
thebudguy wrote:who was suspended today?

Jorge Piedra.

Man and I thought I was getting good value in the 16th Round. :-?

Just Kidding :-D

Tetelestai
prodpaul
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby perlick29 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:43 am

davidmarver wrote:Sutcliffe is a very good analyst. That said, everyone always overstates the amount of players using steroids. I think there will be 3 players in the majors who test positive that have been an All-Star sometime in their career. I don't think it'll be to the proportion people think.

I bought the MLB Extra Innings package because of guys like him and Brantley and Morgan and other annoyances that are shown on ESPN. The local commentators are far better, they have more insight to their own teams. ESPN gives me a headache and I refuse to watch their baseball games if the local ones are on satellite. Rant over. :-t
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers