Keeper league: I REALLY need help! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Keeper league: I REALLY need help!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keeper league: I REALLY need help!

Postby bellings » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:54 pm

Hi guys. This is sort of a combination of 'rate my team' and 'trade, keeper' so I hope this is the right place.

I'm in a 10 team 6x6 league (5x5 plus OPS and holds) that does a snake draft with the first 7 rounds as keepers in a 3/4 format (pitchers and batters.) The inning cap is 1650, which is why I have 5 starters. I took over a team from last year that finished last place and didn't have anyone worth keeping, so my first 7 picks were just everyone's leftovers. I got some good guys, like Matsui and Schilling, ;-D but I don't have any superstars. Unfortunately, I also drafted Ford and Alou, :-t who are doing their best to kill my season. !+)

1. Do you think that I can win this year? I think that question needs to be answered before the other ones.

2. I have Biggio and Giles. Which one should I try to trade? I'm a little apprenhensive about trading Giles since it is a keeper league. I also have Dunn in my IF position, so I suppose I could trade him and fill my IF with Biggio or Giles, but once again, I'm not sure that I want to trade Dunn in a keeper league.

3. I'm thinking about trading Schilling for a young gun or a big bat, but I don't think that I can get fair value for him. Should I trade him, and who should I try to get? Who should I drop when he gets off the DL?

4. Any suggestions about my team are appreciated. Let me know if you think I'm toast for this year and I need to start stocking up on the next big thing.

Thanks guys!

Pos Batters Edit Opp Status H/AB R HR RBI SB AVG OPS
C J. Mauer (Min - C)
1B C. Delgado (Fla - 1B)
2B M. Giles (Atl - 2B)
3B E. Chávez (Oak - 3B)
SS J. Rollins (Phi - SS)
IF A. Dunn (Cin - 1B,LF)
LF L. Ford (Min - LF,CF,RF)
CF C. Patterson (ChC - CF)
RF B. Giles (SD - RF)
OF R. Ibañez (Sea - 1B,LF)
Util H. Matsui (NYY - LF)
DL M. Alou (SF - LF)
BN R. Hernández (SD - C)
BN C. Biggio (Hou - 2B,LF,CF)

Pos Pitchers Edit Opp Status IP W SV K HLD ERA WHIP
SP C. Carpenter (StL - SP)
SP B. Arroyo (Bos - SP)
RP J. Rincón (Min - RP)
RP E. Guardado (Sea - RP)
RP G. Mota (Fla - RP)
RP J. Isringhausen (StL - RP)
P S. Torres (Pit - RP)
P T. Gordon (NYY - RP)
BN F. García (CWS - SP)
BN Od. Pérez (LAD - SP)
BN G. Maddux (ChC - SP)
BN R. Cormier (Phi - RP)
DL C. Schilling (Bos - SP)
bellings
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:04 pm

your offense should be able to compete. But your pitching is horrible for a 10 team league. Id say you try and trade Mauer to someone who thinks highly of him. Maybe try and package him and someone else for a decent SP. Youre in diar need of some quality innings. You have some quality keeper players in Patterson, Dunn, Rollins, Chavez, and Giles. Its something you can build on.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=113136
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Thanks

Postby bellings » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:07 pm

Thanks for the reply. The 3/4 draft policy totally killed me, because everyone else was keeping at least 3 pitchers, and some kept 4. Needless to say, that doesn't leave a lot of quality pitchers once the keeper rounds are over.
bellings
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:24 pm

Well at least you were able to obtain some quality players. You may not be a heay competitor this year but you should be in the future. You need to definitely try and trade for a good SP. Id wait till one of your players gets really hot, then trade him when he is of highest value. Could you rate my team?

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=113445
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby hookem2003 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:25 pm

Pitching will keep you from winning this year, but offense has some nice pieces. Keep giles over biggio. Try to Package biggio and his 2b elig. to someone for an upgrade at sp. you're probably right that you won't get full value for schilling right now. Maybe wait until later in the season. He could make good bait at the deadline for someone trying to win it all this year. Maybe you could get a few big time prospects for the guy.
hookem2003
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team