Soon-to-be-Available Players to Watch For! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Soon-to-be-Available Players to Watch For!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon May 02, 2005 12:59 am

daullaz wrote:For pitching help, pick up Ezequiel Astacio for the Astros. He gets his first big league start Tuesday against Pittsburgh. Then, he is slated to face Atlanta a week from today. I've seen him pitch in the minors at Round Rock, and he is the real deal. Had a one-hitter with 12 or 13Ks late last year one night that we went to the ballpark. I don't see him getting sent back down anytime soon.

he has two starts this week...let's see how he does...PIT isn't exactly an offensive powerhouse...so that's good and ATL is struggling to get some runs...i actually have him starting this week for me in one of my leagues... ;-)

if he does well...they might just keep him in the big leagues... ;-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davidmarver » Mon May 02, 2005 1:06 am

If Tim Redding continues to struggle, the Pads may bring up Tim Stauffer. He's got good control and would probably be nice in ERA/Whip not to mention picking up a few wins.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby DCNats » Mon May 02, 2005 1:08 am

Add San Fran pitching prospect Matt Cain to this list.
DCNats
College Coach
College Coach

Postby slomo007 » Mon May 02, 2005 1:11 am

El Gaupo wrote:BJ Upton... The devil rays aren't going anywhere...what differnce does it make if he makes errors at triple a or the majors. there's no reason they can't put lugo at 2b....

There goes your common sense again. Lou would prefer if you kicked your common sense in the crotch...he does things his way...and his way means having Alex Gonzalez starting in your IF when you have a phenom in AAA. :-°

Completely moronic, but, that's Devil Rays baseball for you.

And yet, they're listening to offers for their closer (Baez) because they know they stand no chance...so basically, on one hand they're saying...we want to win now, with these veterans because we actually stand a chance. And on the other hand they're saying, we can afford to trade away one of our only good bullpen pitchers in order to build for the future because we don't stand a chance this year.

Great management, just super. :-t
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers