Need ideas for setting up a league... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Need ideas for setting up a league...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need ideas for setting up a league...

Postby scottdg » Thu Jan 02, 2003 4:26 pm

Iam considering setting up a league for some members of a fan forum board that I frequent (very similar to this one). The only fantasy leagues I have experience with are Sandox Full Count which you now have to pay for and a private league set up much like the USA Today league which involves a salary cap. Nobody wants to be pinned down to having to be available for a live draft or anything like that. I would go with the USA Today format but I would have to keep track of all of the stats myself and I don't kow I have time for that.

I am hoping that I could get some ideas for the best way to run this league. Or if you know of some sites that make it easy to keep track of stats for free (or virtually no cost, I don't mind putting in a couple $$ out of my pocket).

Whatever info you can give is appreciated.

Thanks

P.S. Arlo, the site looks great. The forum I refer to uses the same phpBB software.
scottdg
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Grenade Teeth » Thu Jan 02, 2003 5:28 pm

Yahoo is the best I know of. You can customize the draft to be live, off-line, or auto-draft. you can specify your categories (I think they had 50+ to choose from last year) They track the stats, trades, drops, adds, trends. Basically, they have everything I would want except for keepers (which can be done manually easily).

And it is free (or at least was last year)
Grenade Teeth
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Arlo » Thu Jan 02, 2003 5:46 pm

Check out yahoo's free leagues. The draft formats are flexible (live draft is an option, but not the only one) and the league formats are customizable enough to work for everything from regular scoring to futility leagues. Give it a look.

And thanks for the kudos - I can't claim credit for the way the site looks, though; menyak, our webmeister, did all the work there. :-)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers